To All the Boys I've Loved Before - PP (2/?)

"Alright so let's set up some ground rules," I pulled out a notebook and pen from my bag, setting them down on the wooden picnic table nestled in between the school and the track.

"Ground rules?" Peter repeated, sitting down across from me.

"Like a contract. I mean, if this is gonna work, we have to y'know, look like a real couple, but I don't wanna do anything that's gonna make either of us uncomfortable. Right?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Peter agreed, nodding.

"Okay, so like, holding hands. We have to hold hands. I mean, that's what couples do at least," I said awkwardly. For some reason, the idea of me suggesting to hold hands made me feel weird.

"Yeah, sure, makes sense. What about kissing?"

"I guess-but no tongue," I clarified, and Peter just smirked (I know that they didn't kiss in the movie (kinda) but I'm not evil enough to make the reader not kiss Peter Parker).

"Fine. And I want you to come to all of my Academic Decathlon competition."

"Decathlon?" I asked unsure.

"Yeah. Liz'll be there, for one thing, and for another, that's what girlfriends do." Peter pointed out, shrugging.

"Okay, deal. But then you need to drive me to school."

"I don't even have a car!" Peter exclaimed.

"Alright. Then we ride the subway together."

"Sure, whatever. One more thing though."

"Mhmm?"

"You have to be my date to Homecoming."

Homecoming. The infamous day that most Midtown girls lost their virginity. No matter how college oriented, or brainy and academic, they sure knew how to party. Maybe it was just a way of blowing off some steam. Whatever it was, usually meant sex.

"That's not even for like... three months!" I pointed out. "Are you really saying we'll be doing this in three months?"

"I'm not saying definitely. But if we are, you have to be my date. As my girlfriend," he smiled, and I hesitantly nodded my head.

"Fine. Deal."

I pushed it across for him to sign, and I did the same thing.

"Okay then. Tomorrow can be our first day as girlfriend and boyfriend."

"Great." I faked a smile, standing up from the table.

Peter knocked on my door promptly at eight o'clock.

"Morning Parker."

"Eh Eh eh," he shook his head back and forth.

"Whoops. Morning darling," I drawled out sarcastically.

"And good morning to you too babe."

We walked over to the subway stop nearest my apartment-hand in hand.

When we got to school, nobody noticed anything at first. That is, until we walked into the building. Ned immediately came up to Peter, shooting a look directly at our intertwined fingers.

"When did this happen?" He asked.

"Few days ago." Peter mumbled beneath his breath, blushing, and looking up at me.

His lips curved into a soft smile, and at first I jolted away, confused. But keeping up with the act, I returned the smile.

"Oh... okay then." Ned started to walking away, but whispering in Peter's ear, "Thanks for telling me dude."

"Good acting Peter," I smiled, walking away towards my locker. Surprising, he followed. "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for you. I mean, you do actually want people to believe we're a couple? Right Y/n?" Peter huffed, leaning his back on the locker next to me.

"Okay, yeah, whatever." I said, grabbing my books for first period.

Walking alongside me, he dropped me off at my lit class.

"You know you really don't have to do this Peter," I turned around once we reached my class.

"C'mon babe, I want to," he leaned down and kissed my cheek. Blushing furiously, very aware that now everybody was looking at us, I walked into class.

Wow. He was really taking this thing seriously. Scoffing, I sat down at my desk.

"Psst! Y/n!" I turned my head around to see Chris tapping my shoulder from behind me. Twisting around in my seat, I motioned for her to continue. "You never told me you had a secret classroom boner for Peter Parker!"

"So you heard."

"Why didn't you say anything?! I so would've set you two up!"

"You don't even know Peter," I pointed out.

"Whatever! I mean, Liz dumped him for Ethan, I totally would've helped him rebound from... her."

"She's not that bad," I reasoned, though we both know that wasn't true(I know Liz is an angel but for the sake of the plot...). Chris and Liz were cousins, making Chris the only one in the school daring enough to stand up to the all mighty.

"Cmon! You hate her Y/n."

"Okay, but that's a different point. Peter and I are a thing now. Big deal." I shrugged it off, taking out yesterday's homework.

"It is so a big deal! Your first boyfriend!"

Swallowing, I realised a somewhat sad truth. That Peter Parker was my first boyfriend. He didn't even like me! The only reason we're even "together" is because he's trying to win back a different girl! My first kiss, my first date, all of those belonging to some meaningless scheme.

Wonderful.

I woke up so freaking late today it's not even funny.