Wedding Day Pt. 2 - PP

Word count: 1095
Description: Part Two to Wedding Day!

"Peter?" You whispered, your voice hitched from all the tears. "Is it really you?"

"Y/n," He said, staring at you, body frozen, face as white as paper, "What're you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" You repeated in shock, "What are you doing here? I thought... you were supposed - I tho- you were dead." You stutter, as you walk slowly towards him extending a shaky hand, trying to touch him, making sure he's real.

"I-I... I'm supposed to be... nobody was supposed to see me. I was supposed to stay behind with Mr. Stark, but today's our wedding day... I had to come to our bench. I though-I thought that nobody would see me..."

"Peter what are you talking about? What happened to you?" You whispered, already crying.

"I can't explain... you weren't supposed to see me..."

"Peter Parker you will tell me something that actually makes sense." You warn with as firm a voice as you can muster.

Finally, wordlessly, Peter pulls you by the arm into a nearby Audi, driving to a parking garage only a few blocks away, going through the back entrance. He leads you through three doors with padlocks on them, until you finally reach a lift. There was only one button, and he presses it, instantly causing the two of you to rise. After a few seconds, you reach your destination.

It's a large penthouse, elegantly furnished, but messy, due to what you could only assume to be its resident, Peter.

"What the fuck..." you trailed off, running a hand across a large leather sofa.

"Where do you want me to start?" Peter asked from behind you, already reclined in a chaise lounge.

"Let's start with Nat telling me you were dead."

"Then she did her job."

"What?" You asked, peering into your fiancé's face. "You told her to tell me you were dead? Why would you do that Peter?"

"It had to be official. Everybody had to think I was dead or the plan wouldn't work."

"What plan?"

"The plan to defeat the villain once and for all. He's still here. If he thinks I'm dead, he'll never see an attack coming."

"Nat said that he was near Xandar." You pointed out.

"No, Nat was lying. I told you, it was all part of the plan. I'm not supposed to leave this apartment... just I had to go there. To the bench. To pray that in a few months, once this is all over, that you'd still want me." Peter's voice was quiet, and his eyes didn't meet yours.

"Peter I'm lost here. Just, explain. What happened after you fought the villain?"

"I was badly injured. Mr. Stark was able to rescue me, and he took me here. That's when we came up with the plan. We'd all pretend I was dead, and then, when he least expected it, we'd strike."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was too dangerous. Everybody had to be kept in the dark."

"So that's what I am to you?" You asked him, staring deep into his brown eyes, "'Everybody'? I'm your fiancée Peter. We were supposed to get married today. And you still don't trust me?"

"It's not that, Mr. Stark though it would be best if-"

"Do you have any idea the pain I went through? You were gone, they told me you were dead. And on our wedding day no less! I missed you so much Peter. And this whole time you were a few blocks away in some fancy ass apartment, living the sweet life." You scoffed at him, trying not to cry. You couldn't believe him. All the heartache and worry, it was all for nothing. After five years together, Peter didn't trust you enough to prevent you from months of despair.

"Y/n it's not like that please! I wanted to tell you, but Mr. Stark wouldn't let me. Do you know how much trouble I'll be in if he found out I left? You are my everything, and it broke my heart so much that you couldn't know. That's why I had to go to our bench. Because you are the one thing I can't live without, and I needed a reminder that you were there; hopefully waiting for me." Peter pleaded with you, and eventually, you sat down next to him.

"I just wish that it didn't have to be like this. That we could have a wedding, and go on our honeymoon like normal people." You sighed, leaning into his shoulder.

"I know, me too. And I'm sorry. It's all my fault, i-if I was able to defeat the villain properly the first time, none of this would've happened."

"It's not your fault Peter. You know that I'm so proud of you... but what's gonna happen? If you fail. Like what if this guy realises you're alive, what do you do then?"

"Y/n I don't want you worrying about that."

"Peter I'm going to be your wife... of course I'm going to worry about you. This is our future we're talking about."

"Well then... we'd fight him. And pray to God that we win." Peter mumbles, his head dropping to his chest.

"I wanna get married." You say, drawing his head up so that Peter's looking at you.

He kinda chuckles, "I figured that out when you said 'yes' babe."

"No, I mean now. Today. If you're going to... risk your life, then I want it to be official. I don't care about the big ceremony and reception, or even the honeymoon. I just want us to be man and wife.

"We have the license... we could find someone to marry us. It wouldn't be hard. All I know is that I want to marry you today (who gets the reference?)."

"Who would marry us?" Peter turns to you, glancing down.

"I don't know. But we could find a priest. Or a judge. Or just go to city hall, I don't care anymore. I just want to be your wife. Legally and truly." You said, holding his hands in yours.

"Alright. Let's do it then." And Peter finally kissed you, leaning in join your lips with his. After a minute, he pulled away. "I've missed you."

The ceremony was small, but you didn't mind. You were marrying the man you loved. Tony was there as a witness, along with Happy. You and Peter said your vows, the ones you had written before he went away. Saying 'I do' you sealed your love with a kiss.

A/n: okay, so I found some inconsistencies in this, particularly Pt. One, like how her friend knows Peter is Spider-Man? Let's just pretend that he's at a spot in his life where he is past being friendly-neighbourhood Spider-Man, and now a public Avenger, open about his identity and all. Sorry if that's confusing😂