24

(Jungkook's POV)

     "Was he mad? Did you get in trouble?" Hoseok asked as soon as I got to my locker. "You got your ass beat didn't you?" He laughed as I fought to keep my face a normal color. Not beat...but it still fucking hurts!

      "No, I told you he's not mad." I sort of told the truth. I opened my locker to grab several books.

     "Okay well we still need to talk about what happened?" Hoseok leaned against the lockers next to mine. I glanced at him before shutting mine.

     "What do you mean?" No, he doesn't remember that.

     "We were probably just super drunk but I kind of remember something about you being gay?" He laughed, one that didn't quite reach his eyes. The bell rang and people started leaving, I gulped looking at him.

     "No, even so, probably just really drunk." I laughed nervously as his eyes searched mine. I've always known Hoseok was probably homophobic, I don't blame him, almost everyone in this school is. And the non-straight people here...were treated awfully.

      "That's what I was thinking, but then I saw the way you were sitting on the bus, as if it hurt. And the hickeys you had, when would you have gotten them Jungkook? I often see you go straight home and unless you invited a girl over there...which I highly doubt-"

     "Hoseok we have to get to class." I mumbled looking at my feet. My heart was beating fast, beginning to panic. The late bell rang, the hallways now completely empty.

     "Tell me the truth Jungkook." Hoseok pinned me against my locker, I reluctantly looked up at him. His eyes weren't angry...more worried than anything else.

     "You've been hiding things from me, acting different." He started. "Please just tell me the truth." He pleaded, a wave of guilt hitting me.

     "I-" and then I accidentally told him everything. "The stripper that gave me the lap dance that one time, I couldn't stop thinking about him so I went back to the club. I met with him several times thinking that if I saw him I could get him out of my head. But the exact opposite happened, then we kissed and I freaked out and started avoiding him. Turns out he's my step brother but the feelings didn't go away. And since then we've kissed and done things and I had to finally admit to myself that I'm not straight. And I'm sorry for lying to you and acting weird I just didn't want anyone to find out because I can't even say that I'm gay out loud." I huffed, realizing what I just did.

     Woah, I just said that I'm gay out loud. That felt kind of good. But wait, Hoseok staring at me in shock right now. Oh no, is he going to beat me up, or be disgusted with me. So many things are wrong with what I just said.

     "I knew that guy looked familiar!" Hoseok said suddenly, I looked at him in confusion. "He's the stripper."

     "What? Aren't you-" I wanted to ask but suddenly he was pulling me towards the door, rushing me out of the school and towards his car. "Hoseok-"

     "Shh." When we got to his car he told me to get in and I did. And now I'm skipping school for the first time. Hoseok hasn't said anything since we started driving. What's he thinking about? He must be disgusted with me, I have feelings for my step brother who is also a stripper...and a dude! And I thought Hoseok was homophobic?

     My thoughts were interrupted by the stopping of the car. I realized we were at Hoseok's house. I got out when he did, following him as he got to his door and unlocked it.

     ***

     "Okay..." Hoseok set the hot chocolate in front of me, sitting in a chair in front of me. Only a coffee table in between us. He seemed to be thinking as I explained the story to him again, in a less panicked state.

     "You're not mad?"

     "I am! You didn't tell me anything! And we're best friends!" He mumbled. "But the fact that you're gay? No, why would I be?"

     "I-I thought you were homophobic." I looked down at the mug.

     "Fuck. I'm so sorry Jungkook. I only acted that way because everyone else did. And I know that's a lame excuse. All these years...I've been making you feel like an outcast." Hoseok spoke making me look at him. Guilt in his eyes.

     "No! Don't feel bad, I understand, and I only admitted it to myself a few days ago."

     "But maybe you would've have realized you were gay sooner if you were in a more accepting environment and-"

     "Hoseok, Stop. I'm fine, I'm just glad you're not hating me." I laughed weakly.

     "Forbidden Love is kind of hot." He laughed too.

     "Forbidden Love?"

     "Well yeah, you're a minor, he's your step brother, and no one else knows your gay? Sounds pretty forbidden to me." He took a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Yeah...but I'm going to be 18 in a few months. But...do you think everyone else will hate me? For being gay?" I asked, messing with my fingers.

"My honest opinion?" He asked and I nodded. "I think your mom won't care, your step dad is an asshole so I think he'll be a dick. Namjoon and Jin...I'm not totally sure. And you already know the shit all the LGBT kids get at school." He explained obviously trying to be gentle but the truth wasn't exactly comforting.

"Don't tell anyone okay?" I looked up at him hopefully.

"It's not my place to tell, but you really want to hide this forever?"

"Not forever. But at least until I'm 18, maybe when we graduate high school."

"But what if your parents don't get a divorce, he'll still be your step brother, is it illegal for you guys to be together?"

"I have no idea."