61

(Taehyung's POV)

     "I couldn't get him to talk...or feel." Hoseok came into the living room, my mood dropping even further. "But I did get him to eat."

       I looked up at him in shock.

       "Really? Thank goodness!" I sighed in relief as he sat in a chair across from me.

       "I can tell there's something else on your mind." Hoseok said, crossing his arms. I debated whether I should tell him or not. We should really focus on Jungkook. "Just tell me."

      "It's my fault Hoseok."

       "It isn't, you were trying to protect him. You did what your instincts told you to. And like you said before...something else is going on there. His mom isn't like that."

I nodded but couldn't help but still feel guilty. I had to help Jungkook, in some way.

"If he's upset about one mom, maybe his other mom can help!" Hoseok jumped up like that was a marvelous idea.

"What?"

***

"Okay, give me 20 minuets." Jin spun around and started towards the steps.

"It's the second door-" there was no point in finishing, he was already gone. I looked at Hoseok skeptically as he just smiled widely.

It had been 5 minuets, before we heard it. Hoseok and I made eye contact quickly before we were both tripping over each other, trying to get upstairs.

It sounded like crying, I'd never thought I'd be so relieved to hear someone cry. Bottling it up, it couldn't have been good for him.

When we finally got to the door we peeked in through the small opening. We looked like kids who were trying to find out what their parents were giving them for Christmas.

"-I c-can't." Jungkook cried into Jin's shoulder as the older rubbed his back.

"And that's okay, but-" it felt like we were intruding on a private conversation. Hoseok and I went back downstairs, my heart felt lighter.

He's going to be okay." Hoseok patted my back before jumping on my couch.

       "Thank you, for everything." I don't know what I would've done. Hoseok nodded before grabbing my remote, making himself comfortable in my living room.

       (2 months later)

       "Jin, what the fuck!" I growled seeing as all the recorded shows had been replaced with the cooking network, 'Married at first sight' or 'Say yes to the dress.' Jin was the only suspect at this point.

       "What is it? I was almost finished painting Namjoon's nails!" He whined coming into the living room.

       "..."

       "He lost a bet-"

       "That's not important now! Why'd you delete all my recordings?!" I huffed as he glanced at the TV.

       "That wasn't me. Well the cooking shows but not the other shows."

        "Who was it then?" I crossed my arms. We argued back and forth, me because now I'd have to wait for the show to come back on TV.

        "This is why you should have Netflix!" Jin stormed off as I grumbled, turning off the TV. My house had more people in it currently then I've had in the past few years. Since Jungkook was staying here, that pretty much meant his friends were too. They came over pretty much everyday, sometimes sleeping over. I didn't mind it though, they were actually pretty fun. Hoseok brought Yoongi. And when I was telling Jimin he said 'I'm your best friend, how come I wasn't invited to the party?!'

       So now all 6 of them were in my house and there was no peace.

       "I hate you all!"

        "Love you too, Yoongi!" Hoseok yelled back as Jungkook and Jimin slid down the stairs on blankets. Namjoon was getting his nails painted by Jin while Yoongi kept yelling for everyone to be quiet because he was trying to focus.

Jungkook had gotten significantly better, but whenever parents or family was brought up, he'd become quiet. Even though I've tried to get in contact with his mom, I'm pretty sure she blocked our numbers.

***

(Namjoon's POV- Later that day)

"Jin- we can't-"

"Why not? I know you want to, need to. So why do you keep pushing me away?"

"Don't you remember everything that happened last time? You got hurt! You could've died, all because of me-" Why couldn't he understand that.

"It wasn't because of you. We both did what we did. And that's not your fault." He was desperate for me to see his point of view. That was apparent, but I couldn't. I wanted him safe and happy, and I don't think I could provide either one of those things.

"Namjoon." Jin cupped my face, making me look at him. There were tears in his eyes which only confirmed to me that I wasn't someone who could make him happy. "You love me, I know you do."

My heart was racing at the thought of breaking his.

"I do, but I shouldn't." I wanted to look away from him, to leave. So maybe he could move on and find someone better.

"Why? Because that would make you gay? Or because you're afraid of what people would think? I know you Namjoon, I know you're no longer afraid of those things so what is it? What's stopping you?" Jin's voice was almost a whisper, a tear slipped out and it felt like my heart broke a little.

"I don't want you hurt-"

"We don't have to tell anyone. We could hide it till we get out of high school."

"Not just hurt by other people Jin." I placed my hands over his, pulling them away from my face. "I would hurt you, see what happened last time? I didn't know how to treat you, I messed up. I won't be able to make you happy."

Jin looked at me for a moment before pressing his lips onto mine.

(Jin's POV)

How do I make him understand?

My kiss was full of desperation, I put all the warmth and love I had into it. Please don't pull away, and he didn't. He kissed me back with the same amount of neediness. I couldn't tell if it was a goodbye kiss or not so I felt the tears welling behind my closed eyelids.

"I love you, you make me happy." I laid my head in the crook of his neck, letting the tears fall freely. "Please." I don't know what I'm asking for, but hopefully he understood.

"Okay." Namjoon spoke softly, rubbing circles on my back in attempt to soothe me. "I won't go okay? Don't cry."

"Y-you don't know if you'll hurt me. And that's my decision to go into this knowing what could happen." I clung to his shirt, "I want to be with you."

My eyelids felt heavy, crying always had made me really tired. Namjoon didn't respond, but he didn't leave either. He stayed there, letting me fall asleep in his arms.

He stayed there till I was fast asleep, then he laid me down and whispered that he loved me and would do anything to make me happy even if he thought he couldn't. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and left my door open a crack, just how I liked it.

But of course I didn't know that, because I was asleep.

That was kind of boring, I'm sorry🙏next chapters will be better...

as soon as I get over my writers block

I'm sorry😭