iii. whatever the hell we want

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"AN ENTIRE DAMN PLANET AND WE COULDN'T DROP SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO A WATER SOURCE," June mumbled bitterly under her breath. Her and Wells had spent much too long wandering from camp, as far as they could go without forgetting where they were exploring and how to get back, searching for some type of safe water to drink. Her stomach rumbled from hunger and her throat was dry with thirst; being in the sun for so long certainly wasn't helping either.

Wells loosely shrugged. "There has to be one here," he responded hopefully. He brushed aside a tree branch, allowing June to hop over the small slope to enter the camp once more. They were coming around the dropship, and from what little that she could see, all of the delinquents were having fun which wasn't that much of a shock. She hasn't been in the Sky Box as long as most of them, as June had only spent one day there, but they were delinquents who were sent down to Earth of all places. They finally felt free.

"Maybe we should wait for Clarke to get back with the others," June suggested, swinging her hands as she trudged forwards beside Wells. "They're going pretty far but we can survive a day with water, right?"

"I don't know," Wells answered hesitantly, attempting to remember what they learned in Earth Skills back in The Ark. "It wouldn't hurt to look more before we're too weak."

The conversation about survival they both were having was interrupted suddenly by two males approaching them, Murphy and Mbege with smug grins plastered on their faces. "Find any water yet?" Murphy questioned, surprising June that he was actually interested.

While June had wanted to snap at them and demand they beat it, Wells was softer and much more kind. "No, not yet," he replied. "But we'll be going back out soon if you want to come." The idea of Wells's offer to spend hours with two arrogant people had June huff and turn her head, putting her hands on her hips. As her head rounded, she noticed scraping on the side of the dropship wall, forming words that made her scowl.

FIRST SON
FIRST TO DYE.

It was a clear threat, and it made June's lip curl. She nudged Wells with her shoulder, catching his attention and making him notice the warning. The pair could see the distasteful look June was sporting and chortled under their breath in amusement. Looking back at Murphy, it was evident that the message was from him, as he had his fingers curled onto a pointed piece of metal shaped into a knife before rubbing his lower nose with a sniffle.

"You know," Murphy began. "My father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him," he spat out nastily, full of bitterness. June didn't blame him for being so angry about his parent's death, but everything that the Chancellor had done to impose their strict laws had nothing to do with his son.

Expecting Wells to be intimidated, June unexpectedly watched as Wells boldly knocked his shoulder into Murphy's making him stumble before retorting a direct insult. "You spelled die wrong, geniuses."