xxvi. like a family

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JUNE HAD ALWAYS THOUGHT IF SHE HAD ONE SKILL, IT WAS TECHNOLOGY. Her favorite feeling was keys on a board flying as she typed, watching the screen light up with each hit. On Earth, without any computers, she deemed herself useless and one of the first to die when the threat of the grounders rose. However, that changed quickly when June recognized her inner worth. She had realized just how much she loved helping others heal and learning new nursing skills from Clarke, or spending pass time in Raven's tent and assisting her when allowed.

With chemistry being Raven's weakest skill, and one of June's favorite subjects in classes, they flowed well when working on the bullets as Jasper was busy with guns and Monty was busy with wires. The smell of gunpowder filled June's nose, which was something she had been getting used to despite the distaste for it. "Careful," Raven spoke up in warning. "Try not to get any on your hands. Might become a walking mine."

A smile twitched on the corner of June's mouth, having heard this morning more than once. Raven was more skilled, while her own movements were less steady, yet improving with each day. "I got it," June replied reassuringly, shifting for a more comfortable position and tightening her muscles to keep her hands more steady.

The tent's flap suddenly swung open, Finn making his presence known with a surprised noise at the sight of June. She turned her head, blonde curls flying to the other side as she met his confused gaze that wiped away when realizing she was staring. "Sorry," Finn quickly apologized. "I just - could I have a minute alone with Raven?"

June's eyes flickered to Raven. It didn't take a true genius to really know what had happened two days before, when the sickness hit Raven, who had turned out to know about Clarke and Finn's fling. She didn't question it but could see the break up had happened by the way she avoided him, even refusing to meet his eyes. Here, June could practically feel the awkwardness in the air but made sure Raven was alright to be left alone with Finn before leaving with a nod, brushing past Finn and being hit with the welcoming fresh air.

Being no longer ill had been the best feeling June had felt on Earth, and not vomiting her blood was a huge plus. With her job being interrupted, her mind whirled with what else to do until Finn was finished discussing the topic they've both tried to avoid. She knew everyone was working twice as hard since they've landed, ever since the bomb on the bridge, the fear of the grounders bringing a war settling a terror in them. June was prepared to find Clarke, or even Bellamy, when her head snapped in the direction of a sudden shouting.

"Fire!"

The word somehow sticks out through all the mix of people shouting. June's cursing under her breath as she dashes to the direction, the smell of smoke filling as she gets closer until she's within reach of the cause. A blazing mingle of orange and yellow is in the smokehouse, a light flickering that has June's brown eyes widening in shock. The flames aren't long enough to be a threat to their shelter; only to their food, as it eats up what meat is inside that was supposed to have kept them safe when winter hit.