xxxvi. it changed him

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I SCORED YOU A COUPLE EXTRA CLIPS."

The bag Raven threw made a thump as it landed on the decaying tree stump sticking out of the grass by June's boots. Once they were there, Abby was satisfied enough and put them on lock-down. It meant Finn and Murphy were still out there, searching for their friends and Clarke, who was here with the knowledge of her where the rest were. Which meant they had to sneak out to find the pair before deciding what to do, leading to how June ended up at the electric fence circling Camp Jaha, loading a gun, her mind on the woods just outside that she knew they'd be running into to find the village.

"Thanks, Raven," June said gratefully, a warm smile on her faze as she gazed to the mechanic.

"Hey. My mom's in surgery and the team going after Kane just left. We should too," Clarke advised a bit breathlessly. June felt the stress she was under, and she nodded in agreement, hoping to put the emotion to rest.

Bellamy loaded his own gun. "Did you find Octavia?" He questioned Raven.

"No. I found you." June looked past Raven to see Octavia, her head cocked with a pointed stare fixated on her brother. "I'm not letting you leave here without me."

Uncertain, Clarke prepared to argue. "Octavia - "

"Finn and Murphy are headed for Lincoln's village. I've been there," Octavia stated, narrowing her eyes. "Have you? Have they?"

"You done?" Bellamy joked, smiling in amusement. He picked up a bag from the ground, swinging it in her direction. Octavia caught the bag quickly as it plopped into her arms, eyeing her brother.

"What's this?"

"Your pack." June watches the siblings share a smile with Octavia zipping the bag shut and pulling the strap on her shoulder. Bellamy held his hand out towards the gate. "Lead the way," he offered. June secured her gun, grabbing her own pack with preparation to leave.

But Raven stops them when she holds her hand out in front of Octavia with a warning look. "Whoa, not so fast, Pocahontas," she cautioned. She held out the long metal stick she leaned on, tapping it against the wire of the fence. White sparks fly out, along with a loud buzzing noise that all makes June jump at the initial surprise. She noticed quickly that Raven doesn't seem worried by this as much as they do.

"I thought you said it was handled," Clarke uttered in a hushed tone.

"It is," Raven replied reassured her. She held her walkie up, pressing the button and speaking into it. "Shut her down, Wick." After a beat of silence, Raven lowers her radio and presses her stick against the gate's wire again. This time, it bounces off and nothing happens. She flashed them a smile of confidence. "Handled."

Before June leaves, she watches the rest go first, squeezing through the wide holes with their packs and weapons. She sends Raven a quick, apologetic stare. She knows that she wants to leave with them too, but with the permanent damage to her leg, she'd only be held back. "Really, thank you, Raven," June said gratefully again. "We wouldn't have been able to do this without you."