xxx. rocket's blow

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE UNDERNEATH OF THE DROPSHIP WAS A MESS, JUNE HAD YET TO REALIZE. She was always into technology, and maybe if she was still on The Ark she would have considered furthering her career into mechanical, but she wasn't. She wasn't in space anymore, she was on Earth, underneath a space ship with Clarke and Finn to help Raven set a ring of fire to save them all. There were wires, both shut and open panels, and a tank of fuel right above their heads. June would have been threatened by it if someone in the dropship had a gun; one stray bullet could kill them all.

"Finn, do you see it over there?" Clarke called out from her side. A quiet answer of denial was sent back. "June?"

June sighed, slamming the panel she had been searching through for the last five minutes shut. "Nope." She turned, brushing aside hanging wires to see Clarke with her sleeves rolled up, a look of irritated on her face.

"Raven!" Clarke leaned to the ladder that let them to the first level. "We can't find the ignition system." No reply. June grew concerned, walking further in as Clarke called her name again, this time in question. "Raven?"

A strangled cry of a reply came from above, sounding like Raven. "I can't feel my legs."

Heart sinking in her chest, June gasped in a soft disbelief. The only injury Raven was sustaining was the bullet, and she was no doctor, but anyone could figure out her condition was worsening. Finn came rushing as well, eyes wide upon hearing Raven's cry. "Oh my God."

"Okay, hold on!" Clarke instructed her. "We're coming!" She gripped onto the ladder first, climbing up. June was right behind her, quickening her pace until she was at the top and able to pull herself up. Raven was sat against a wall, her device put to the side as she stared at her unmoving legs in front of her with her jaw dropped. "Okay, let me see," Clarke requested, crouching on her other side.

June rested her hand on Raven's shoulder, gently helping her lean forward. No matter how careful she was, she still sobbed in pain with a few shouts until Clarke could lift up the back of her shirt to see the exit wound. June's eyes grew wide at the sight and she let out another quiet gasp, heard by Raven, who groaned. "That bad, huh?"

It was. Her wound was a mix of red and purple, a large bruise covering the shut wound, which could have been considered possibly normal. But her veins were popping through, a brighter red, where her spine was. June bit her lower lip, helping sit Raven back painfully. Clarke hesitated before breaking the bad news in a soft voice. "Raven, the bullet's in your spin. You're bleeding internally."

A sorrowful look washed over Raven's face before she shoved the emotion away just as fast. "We better do this fast then, huh?" She played the fearless card. "Get back down there."

June refused to listen to the order, wanting Raven to react. "No," she stated sharply. "Clarke, what can we do?" She asked desperately. Clarke pressed her lips tightly together before shaking her head in defeat, silently telling June without words that there was nothing they could do. They didn't have useful medical equipment, or any experience more than Clarke's small nursing skills.