《Chapter 1》

~ Sooyun's P.O.V ~

"Now how am I supposed to face the other businessmen?! It's such an embarrassment!", my dad yelled at my mum out of pure hatred. The anger dripping in his voice was enough to break my heart.

"Halmonie, why are they always fighting?", I cried while hugging my grandmother tightly.

"Sooyun~ah, wake up. It's time for school! It's your first day as a senior. I'm so excited as somehow we found the best school in this state and this new school you're attending is gonna be a memorable one. I can guarantee you that", my brain cells screamed at me to get out of the bed at the source of my grandma's soothing voice instead of the pesky alarm.

Realizing it was all a horrible dream of my parents' quarrels which happened few years ago, my breathing aroused.

"Halmonie, I just dreamt about my parents", tears welled up in my eyes as her hand started caressing my cheeks.

"Sooyun~ah, stop worrying about it. You have a great future ahead and the past is in the past. Now go get ready okay?", my grandmother pinched my cheeks softly, leaving the room with a warm smile radiating her as usual positive vibes.

I looked at the time and it showed 6:46 a.m and I still had an hour to get ready. I sat up on my bed, lazily as if 10 people beat me up at the same time.

I live in Seoul right now but my hometown is Busan. I lost my parents in a tragic accident when I was 9. After that incident, my grandma and I left Busan and settled in Seoul. I'm 18 right now but for sure, I'm not living a life as how a 18 years old teenager should live.

We aren't financially suffering either so it's all good for now. All I have left right now, is my grandma. Without wasting anymore "precious" time, I stood up and wore my outfit of the day.

"Darling, I made your favourite breakfast", said my grandmother placing a plate of pancakes along with scrambled eggs and sausages in front of me

"Darling, I made your favourite breakfast", said my grandmother placing a plate of pancakes along with scrambled eggs and sausages in front of me. I stuffed them in my mouth and greeted my grandmother leaving my mansion.

We exchanged our goodbyes and her wishing me good luck for my first day, made it a lot better.

I spotted a parking space at the packed parking lot and instantly parked my car. I sighed heavily and set my foot at the entrance of the SPAS (School of Performing Art Seoul), with my best fakest smile plastered on my face.

Everything's a waste when the first day of your college is miserable. That's exactly what's happening right now and people started staring at me already. Great.

As I entered the principal office, I bowed and wished the principle giving her all my will of getting a good first impression. She gave me my timetable for the year and the key to my locker.

"Sooyun, your academics are amazing and also I feel sorry for your pasts. Hope you have a good year ahead", the principal said and I left thanking her, with plenty of things in my mind.

As I slowly set my footsteps towards the locker, I thought about what the principal said. Now, it all makes sense of why the students were staring at me like a lion looking for it's prey.

The lost of my parents, was in headlines for almost a month or so. It wasn't only an accident. Briefly, my grandma said that the people who didn't like seeing us successful, made it look like an "accident".

Hope you understand what I mean. But until now, they didn't catch the culprits who killed my parents.

As I was in my own dream, I didn't realize who was walking up in front of me only to bump into them. The next thing I knew, all the papers scattered and I hit the floor with a huge thump.

"Jimin~ah, are you okay?", another guy helped the one who fell and he stumbled back up with a soft groan and I stood up weakly holding up my slightly injured elbow.

"Hey you! Can't you watch your steps?!", a tall guy with dimples, yelled right to my face and then there was me with a face of guilt and embarrassment.

"Just move out of our way", the boys walked past me, with the tall guy purposely bumping my shoulder with his, as hard as he could.

I earned a good name from people on the first day. Typical me.

Brushing off what had happened, I collected my heavy and new books, heading towards my first class, History. I occupied a seat by the window, admiring the beautiful paint of the building's wall and as usual no one took the interest to have a seat beside me. Gossiping or gawking was all they did.

Skip the school. It went awful by the way.

As I was on my way home, I witnessed some students playing sports in teams furiously, but one thing caught my eyes.

Boxing.

The sports I was perfect in, when I was a student back in Busan. When I moved on to Seoul, that's when I lost contact with it.

Let's just see how this year goes on.