《Chapter 56》

~ Sooyun's P.O.V ~

I dismounted from the car immediately, making a run to the reception; trailed by Yoongi who had to pass his car on to a worker.

"Excuse m-me, where is the emergency ward?"

"It's just to the left ma'am"

Once the guys were in my view, I dashed towards them; almost tripping over the floor of the waiting room. "Sooyun, watch your steps!", Taehyung rushed towards me with a worried look.

"T-Tae where is he? Where is Jungkook?!"

"Oh my f- What happened to your hand Sooyun?", Namjoon ended his sentence when the doctor exited the ward with two nurses behind him.

"Who is Park Jimin?", a doctor slipped the blood stained rubber gloves off of his hands. "It's me, doctor! Is everything alright?", Jimin panicked.

"He's in a very serious condition. He had a terrible blood loss way before he was brought in by the ambulance. In this case, our blood bank is sort of blood type A and we need someone who are compatible with his blood. Try to ask for help as soon as possible by today or not he w-"

"Me! Doctor I'm willing to donate my b-blood for him"

"May I know who you are, Miss?"

"I'm Jungkook's f-friend"

"Sure. What's your blood type?" (Doctor)

"Type AB"

"Perfect. Nurse! Get her information and bring her in quickly. I'll arrange for the rest"

"Are you out of your damn mind, Sooyun! You are already bleeding. Plus, my blood is just as compatible to don-"

"No Jimin. I'm willing to risk anything for him. Even m-myself"

~ Jimin's P.O.V ~

Yoongi couldn't think straight. Frustratingly, he slumped himself on one of the waiting benches with his head glued in his hands. "Yoongi, nothing would happen. Sooyun and Jungkook would do just fine. Worrying will never help", Jin comforted Yoongi.

"How can I n-not be worried, hyung?", his voice sunk in, which was clear enough for us to understand that he was about to burst out anytime soon.

"Jimin, could you please come over here for a second?", Yoongi lifted his head and called me out as I squatted infront of him; holding his hand.

"Jimin, I saw the pain in her eyes when she said that she was 'Jungkook's friend'. Aren't they together? Why does she have to lie about their relationship?", his words had me recall to the moment she made me promise that the guys shouldn't know about it.

But I couldn't keep this from her very own brother for too long as he would eventually find out about it sooner or later. "Hyung..... They kind of broke up....."

~ Jungkook's P.O.V ~

Beep...Beep...Beep...

The sound of the electrocardiogram beeped right beside where I was laying. "Jungkook"

A hoarse voice called out for my name and I tried adjusting my sight to the light that basically had my eyes squinting at the brightness. I'm finally back from the darkness.

"Guys? Guys, Jungkook is awake!", Hoseok's exclaim earned everyone's attention from around the room. The absence of the particular person that I wanted to see as soon as I open my eyes, made my heart sink in guilt.

A tear trickled down from the corner of my eyes as Hoseok held me to sit up straight. "Where's S-Sooyun?"

My eyebrows knitted together at the silence when Jin hyung decided to speak. "She's sleeping, Jungkook", his words made me feel a million times better. I was worried that she would cry over me for ending up in a hospital bed...

Or maybe not, after what I did to her?

~ Yoongi's P.O.V ~

"Hyung, I'm hungry. Let's go grab something to eat from the cafeteria", Taehyung and Jimin invited me but I denied their offer. Tae, Jimin and I decided to stay back and look after both of them.

"Are you sure hyung? You seem tired though?" (Jimin)

"I'll be alright. You guys should carry on" (Yoongi)

I watched as both of them leave when a nurse barged in Jungkook's ward. She checked the pulse and the breathing rate of the now unconscious Jungkook.

Before she could leave, "Excuse me, nurse? I'm Min Yoongi, Min Sooyun's brother. May I see her now?'

"Yes you can, sir. Her wounds are perfectly fine as we have bandaged her hand, moreover she just needs some rest for donating blood to Jungkook. You are certainly allowed to see her but keep in mind that you shouldn't disturb her much, sir", she left with a jovial smile.

I unmatched the door to Sooyun's ward to find her laying on the bed, unconscious;her body almost turning pale.

I strutted to her bed and positioned myself on one of the chairs available. I carefully took her limp hand in mind and intertwined it.

"Sooyun I don't know if you could hear me right now, but if you do please just hear me out as I want to get things off of my chest. Without any doubt, you are the most important person in my entire existence. I've never loved and cared for a family member which in fact, I'm happy that I found you", I paused as a tear dropped on the top of her hand.

"I'm glad that you decided to donate blood to one of the crucial people in both our life but I need you to put yourself first before anyone else. I really mean what I'm saying right now and I'm not even kidding, Sooyun. At this very moment, upon the name of god, I promise that I'll do what's the best for you. You mean a lot to me and I believe you understand how important you are to me as well"

- (Next morning)

~ Jimin's P.O.V ~

"Tae, he'll be fine right?", concern was written on all three of our faces when the doctor and the nurses went rushing back and forth from Jungkook's ward.

Of what felt like an eternity later, a doctor of a different shift that just treated Jungkook, exited the ward. "Who is Sooyun?", he furrowed in eyebrows in bewilderment.

"She's my sister, doctor. Jungkook's girlfirend" (Yoongi)

"He has been repeating that name for quite a while now. What took us back was how he managed to utter a person's name as one will never be able to utter a single word when they're unconscious", he paused before continuing, "I suggest, her girlfriend that her name he has been repeating of, should spend a lot of time with him to recover"

-

Pale face, puffy eyes, limp figure along with messy haired Sooyun stood at the door frame staring at us. "Sooyun!", her muffled scoffs could be heard as I engulfed her in a bear hug.

Taehyung, Yoongi and I reassuringly bombarded Sooyun with questions that left her chuckling. "To all of your questions, I'm just fine. I'm still alive"

Her chocolate brown eyes roamed around the room in search of that one person. "Guys... Can I have a moment with Jungkook? Alone?", we courteously agreed and left the ward, leaving them both alone.

~ Sooyun's P.O.V ~

Before leaving, "Sooyun~ah, we were told that Jungkook wouldn't be conscious until he recovers", Taehyung said and closed the door behind them.

"Jungkook. This is definitely not how I wanted to see you after that misunderstanding we had because of Hyeji. I know you love me. You know I love you as well. I most definitely know you wouldn't leave me for Hyeji. But why this? Why would you be so careless? Now it just hurts me even more to see you in this condition", my salty warm tears began streaming when I played with the promise ring that wrapped his ring finger.

"You still had our promise ring, you liar", I intertwined our fingers after letting out a chuckle for a mere second.