《Chapter 45》

~ Jimin's P.O.V ~

"Jungkook, where's our promise ring?", Sooyun's voice echoed through my laptop as Taehyung and I exchanged looks from the kitchen.

"Oh. I-It's in my bag. I thought it would be safe if I take it off or else I would misplace it somewhere during the practice", he nonchalantly shrugged, taken aback at the sudden attack of question.

"Okay then. I love you Jungkook. Good luck for the audition and please do convey my regards to the others, Jimin and Tae as well", she sadly showed off her pretty smile.

"Of course jagiya. I'll miss you a lot"

-

"Alright. We're done with our last rehearsal, you guys can take some rest. We have a big day ahead of us, tomorrow", Namjoon hyung wiped his sweats off with a clothe before pausing the song. We gathered around and laid on the floor, exhausted.

Ding.

Jungkook scurried as fast as a lightning towards his bag and dug for his phone. Damn this boy could beat the legend, Usain Bolt, himself.

He positioned himself in between Yoongi hyung and Hobi hyung with a wide smile; not interested in our conversation at all. That smile on his face, softened my heart.

It must be Sooyun that makes his heart flutter as what I'm witnessing right now.

-

"Jimin hyung. I gotta go to Yoongi hyung's room to rehearse the solo song we are performing tomorrow. You could switch off the lights before you go to sleep", with that Jungkook left our shared room with his guitar in his hand. I had just done ny night routine and instinctively my mind diverted towards Sooyun.

I should give her a call before I sleep.

*** {Video call}

SY: Hello?

Me: Hey boo!

SY: Hey baby mochi! How's the practice going on?

Me: It was perfect and fingers crossed. I hope everything goes well, tomorrow.

SY: You guys would do just fine. In fact, you guys will ace it, trust me.

Me: Hope so *laughs* How are you doing though? Had your dinner?

SY: Aww! Has someone missed me already? I had my dinner by the way. Just a cup of ramen, nothing special.

Me: I certainly wouldn't deny the fact that I miss my best friend, alot.

SY: Yeah, I know you miss me. *chuckles* Are you alone in... your room?

Me: Yup. Jungkook has gone to practice a solo song with Yoongi hyung. That kid works really hard.

SY: I'm really proud of you guys. I miss Jungkook already. *pouts cutely*

Me: What the heck? It has not even been an hour since you both texted and you miss him already?

SY: Texted him? Who me? The latest I talked to him was only via video call earlier this afternoon with you guys. We didn't text each other after that.

Me: What do you mean that wasn't you? He wa- *door wide opens* Sooyun~ah. It seems like Namjoon hyung just called us all out for a last meeting before the audition tomorrow. You should take some rest and I'll get going first.

SY: Sure, baby mochi. Take care and good night!

Me: Bye! Good night, Yunnie.

*** {Video call ends}

I was trailing behind Taehyung who just guided me to the living room for the last meeting.

Who was Jungkook chatting with earlier, if it wasn't Sooyun?