《Chapter 27》

~ Sooyun's P.O.V ~

"Yah~ Who switched the fan and the air conditioner off?", I whined in my sleep; still with my eyes shut. Few seconds later, I couldn't take it anymore. I groaned, waking up to find Yoongi leaning against the door frame raising an eyebrow at me.

"Oh. Yoongi~ah. Please switch on the fan for me. Thanks.", I pulled the blanket over me again, getting ready to drift off again.

"Pabo~ah. Wake up! I was the one to switch them off", he yanked my blanket away earning a loud whine as if a kid was throwing tantrums.

"Yah~ Please let me sleep. I couldn't think straight right now. I need sleep. Now. Give back that freaking blanket!", I urged, wanting to lean on my pillow and feel the comfort again. As far as I know, I attempted snatching the blanket from him but fell down with a loud thump.

He burst out laughing, "See here pabo~ You will have to get used to this from now on. Now drag your ass out of the bed and get ready. You're gonna be late for school", he sarcastically stated and walked towards the door with his school bag.

I exclaimed in frustration and looked at the light pastel pink clock which matched my bedroom colour, darker pastel pink.

The heck, I have 15 minutes only?!

"Yoongi oppa~ Wait for me!", I rapidly stumbled up the fleet of stairs and that's when I actually heard the door closing.

That little brat.

Without wasting any second,  I ran towards my washroom as I changed into a Puma hoodie and a puma tight sweatpants. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and left the room. I wore my shoes and grabbed the skateboard, immediately leaving the house.

-

I scurried to my locker; panting for air. Ah great! There weren't a single student at the hallway, that means I'm freaking late and I have to attend the detention.

I exhaled a deep sigh and knocked on the door of my English class, hesitantly. "Ah~ Sooyun ssi. Come in", Mrs Jung welcomed me into the class with a gracious smile.

"Sooyun~ah. I know you are one of the smartest and a well-disciplined student in this school. So, I prefer not to give you a detention. Let this be my first and last warning, alright"

"Nae. Mianhae seonsaengnim~", I beamed and started setting steps towards an empty table.

"Sooyun dear. Sorry for asking this again, but have you decided on what I've requested for, yesterday?", she awkwardly grinned.

It would be mean if I decline her offer; in front of everyone but at the same time, Jungkook would make me mad just with his presence around me.

"N-Nae. I'll do it", I stuttered, faking a smile.

"Well great! I'm glad that you're willing to help Jungkook. I would give you 20 merit marks for that", I was astonished by her bonus offer.

"So from now onwards, you can have a seat beside Jungkook", she more like ordered me and continued teaching, "Students! Now, please look through the paper I've given. Complete and hand it in before our lesson ends. No copying or exchanging answers. You may start answering now"

I'm so not ready for this. It makes me wanna throw up,  just by imagining sitting beside him. I softly set my books on the table, dragging out the chair that made a creaking sound.

"This seat is taken", he slightly slammed on the chair, irritatingly before I could even take a seat. "Yah~ You think I would want to sit beside you? I'm sitting here just because Mrs Jung told me to do so"

"She's just being really annoying. Why are you getting on my nerves too? I told you this chair is taken, now get lost", he coldly glared at me, throwing his bag on the seat I was assigned to.

"It's not that I care either", I collected my books and shifted to the table behind; slamming those on the table. I may say that I don't really care but that's not what I feel.

The way he's acting cold towards me, hurts as hell.

Not long after, a knock was heard which made our gaze shift towards the door to find a short of breath, Foo Ruyen. "Mianhae Mrs Jung~ I headed to the cafe to get you a coffee. That's why I'm late, most probably", she cheekily smiled; panting which was way cringier than my aegyo.

"Ah. Thank you darling. Now this doesn't mean that you can't go to detention. Meet me at the detention after school", she nonchalantly exclaimed, setting the coffee cup aside.

She frowned and rolled her eyes; strolling towards the empty table infront of me, beside Jungkook. Pecking Jungkook's cheek was the first ever thing she did once she reached the table. Jungkook cared less and wrapped his arm around her waist, placing another peck on her head.

What in the sorcery shit am I even witnessing right now?