12. THE DINNER

What happened to Mia?

Is she in danger again?

I can't stay away from her anymore.

"What about her?" My heart was beating rapidly afraid of what I was going to hear.

"Don't panic Jase it's all good," Lindsey assured me. But it was no use as my heart's panicking pace won't settle until I hear it myself.

"Then what is it?" There is something she needs to tell me and from the look on her face, I think I won't like what I will hear.

"Mia and her friends were in a gang in LA.."

What the hell?

My innocent Mia..

She was in a gang?

Did she kill people?

She has been violent?

Mia..

In a gang?

That has to be a joke!

But then again that explains her fighting skills and the looks in her eyes that she gets when she doesn't give a damn about killing whoever pisses her off.

"Please tell me it's a joke." I am still unbelieving what I just heard. Maybe it's another Mia?

"Sit down and I will tell you everything," Lindsey ordered.

She explained to me everything and I still couldn't believe it.

I couldn't think straight either.

All I thought about is, that's my fault that she entered a gang.

She never liked violence.

She was pure and innocent.

Heck, she always got afraid of cats and even bugs.

She got scared of little things

Now she is fearless and furious that doesn't give a damn about anything.

It's all my damn fault.

I made her like that.

I made her heartless.

"I know what you are thinking Jason.," Lindsey said cutting my thoughts.

" But don't blame yourself, you were forced to do so and Luckily she was in good hands with Boss."

"I..i know but it's just. " I muttered. "It's still a shock. I mean you know how was she before and now you see her!." I buried my head in my hands unable to think straight.

Lindsey's attitude towards me never changed since I joined her gang even if she was our gang leader we always sat and talked together she is like a second mother. Even though her attitude changes in gang's stuff than the usual but she is still the same kind understanding Lindsey.

She knew everything and helped me a lot.

She made me the strong person I am now.

"Don't beat up yourself Jason and I am sure when you explain to Mia everything she will forgive you. Just give her some time, she deserves it after all that she has been through"

"I know.." I sighed. "I know."

₩₩₩

M I A