13. CLOSER

He broke my trust so many times before.

He treated me like garbage.

He made me suffer alone.

He broke my heart.

Yet, I am here now sitting beside him as I needed someone to talk with right now.

He was the closest one to me even more than Jass. He knew more about me than her.

He could understand me more than anyone else. Even more than myself.

Keyword: could..

I don't feel like going home yet and I don't have my motorcycle, let alone I don't know where the hell I am.

I am a complete mess and need someone by my side now.

I agreed to go with him so he took me by his car to our usual thinking spot. The beach.

He kept silent giving me my space not bugging for answers

I felt like crying but I could not.

I didn't know how to cry anymore.

I tried.

I really did but I still couldn't.

I guess there are no tears left after the many times that I cried after my heart broke.

"Why didn't you tell me he was hitting you?" Finally, Jason spoke breaking the ice.

I thought about not answering him but then again there was nothing left to lose anymore.

He used everything to break me, he didn't keep anything.

And I really don't care anymore about what happens to me.

"I don't know.." I muttered." I guess I thought that would scare you away and you were so special and precious to me that I couldn't bear losing you."

"But I lost you now.." He sighed." And it's my fault, I am the one who pushed you away."

"It really doesn't matter anymore Jason." I shrugged." It's all in the past."

"No, it does matter Mia" He held my hand. " it really does and you have to know that I would have never done what I did if I wasn't forced to.."

I cut him off slipping my hand out of his hold as his eyes were consumed by regret." Jason, I really don't feel like talking about it."

He took a deep breath then asked."D..Do you have scars? From all the beating?"

"Yes," I answered honestly. Nothing to hide anymore. It doesn't matter.

The old Mia would feel embarrassed about admitting that to Jason but the new Mia don't care anymore because there will never be anything between them.

There was a moment of silence

Until Jason spoke again.

"I know you were in a gang.." Jason admitted.

"I know you know."

"Really? How?"

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that?" I lifted a brow." But to answer your question that time in detention when Rick slipped.."

"Yeah, that Jerk!"

"Its ok I don't mind. I am proud of it. It made me the woman I am now."

"Really you do? I mean are you really happy now? I know its all my fault and I really regret it but being in a gang..?"