40. FORGIVE BUT NEVER FORGET

"I forgive you, Jason." I placed my hands on his shoulders as his face lit up with happiness on my words." forgive but never forget." I continued and his smile fell with confusion written on his face.

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"I will forgive but never forget what you did until you tell me the whole truth, meaning I still won't trust you completely as before," I explained and felt his body tense.

"Y..you know that I still hide something?"

I nodded."yes and I will wait till you tell me."

"Mia.. half of the truth will break you more.." he started and I cut him off.

"If you want us to be like before then you have to tell me and I will wait for it."

"Y..you will wait?" He asked surprised while I nodded smiling." your feelings won't fade away for me?"

After hearing this I just scoffed then laughed uncontrollably not able to hold the laugh.

Is he silly?

He looked at me with confusion." what? Did I say something funny?"

I nodded then stopped laughing."Jason if my feelings couldn't fade away after you broke my heart will they fade now when I wait for the truth?"

His face lit up again with a sly smirk playing on his lips." So, you are confessing that you love me?" He approached me more closing any gap between us.

"I never stopped asshole. You have a hold on my heart that I can't get rid of you that easily." I said rolling my eyes at my weakness and the strong effect he had on me." also I am tired of avoiding you and denying my feelings because maybe you are the only good thing that always made me happy in the past, even now somehow, and I really missed the feeling of happiness. I am tired of feeling hatred and anger towards everything."

He cupped my face with his hand looking at me with sad and guilty eyes." I am sorry Mia. I am sorry I broke you like that but I will bring the light and happiness in your life back. I will make up for every heartbreak I caused you. I will show you how much you mean to me and how much I love you every single day."

I put my hand on his and smiled a small smile." I am sure you will Jason."

And with that he smiled, his eyes holding hope when he crashed his lips on mine.

The kiss started soft and slow at first. We both were tasting each other taking in every moment and the longing. Then it turned to a hunger kiss with so much love and promises in it.

This kiss was unlike any other kiss we had before.

This kiss was heavy with so many meanings.

This kiss we both poured everything we felt towards each other and our hearts.

And with that kiss I hold hope.

Hope that I will be happier.

Hope that I will see light again in my life other than darkness.

Hope that I will get rid of all the hatred and anger that I held towards the world.

Hope that I will return to my old optimistic self with some upgrades enjoying every moment of life.

Hope that I will be forever happy with Jason by my side as he always had in the past.

Hope that nothing will break my happiness ever again.

"I can't believe that you really will give me a chance," he rested his forehead on mine, smiling goofily with his hand still cupping my cheek.

"Nor me but we both know I can't stay away from you anymore."

And with that, he smiled more widely lifting me up as he spinned us, holding me for dear life. "I love you, Mia. I love you so much."

I chuckled." I know Jason."

₩₩₩

"So you and Jason are a thing now?" Blake asked holding the steering wheel concentrating on the road." everything is good between you, right?"

"Yes, I guess you can say so. We are taking baby steps and he knows I don't care about labels or him asking me to be his girlfriend as long we both know how we feel about each other." I explained the smile never leaving my face at the encounter between us in Lindsey's office.

Blake nodded in understanding smiling warmly at me." I am really happy for you Mia. You deserve it and I can already see the changes in you because of him. you need him in your life Mia and I hope you both will be happy."

I nodded in agreement smiling. "Thanks, Blake. That means a lot coming from you."

He is right. I need Jason in my life.

He knows me so well and he makes me happy.

I even can't stop smiling today after what happened.

And it is a genuine smile.

I haven't smiled like that from my heart since I went to LA.

I am glad that I gave Jason a chance.

Later we arrived at Blake's...

Ella is with Ben on a date and Blake told me that his mother should be back from work by now so he will introduce me to her.

"Ma! I am home."Blake yelled as soon as we entered the house closing the door behind him." And I have company."

"In the kitchen honey." Blake's mom yelled back assumingly from the kitchen.

He nodded at me to follow him and I did.

"Hey, ma!" Blake greeted his mom by kissing her cheek.

"Hi sweetie how was school?" She asked still giving us her back while she was making something.

"Eh same boring shit!" Blake answered getting out a bottle of cold water from the fridge and two glasses.

"Language Blake!" Blake's mom turned around slapping his head."oh!" And she now noticed me so I gave her a smile." I am sorry I didn't notice that there was a beautiful girl in here." She said glaring at Blake.

" what?" He shrugged, "I told you I had company."

I smiled at their interaction and said "its okay Ms.Hunt. I am Mia by the way." I reached to shake her hand, but clearly, she had other plans as she pulled it and took me in a bear hug. So, she is the hugger type. Okay good to know!

"Nice meeting you Mia." She said into the hug, after a while, she broke the warm embrace. "And just call me Sally." She waved her hand smiling warmly at me while I nodded.

"Okay, mom! We will be in my room working on our project." Blake said, making his way out of the kitchen pulling me with him.

"Okay honey. I will bring you both the food when its ready." She called as Blake was already pulling me up the stairs.

"Your mom is lovely," I said honestly while sitting on his bed.

"Yeah, but if you stayed anymore longer she would have opened conversations with you with no end. She loves to talk a lot, in other words, she is a chatterbox; hence she is working on the radio."

"I really won't mind she is so kind and lovely. Besides, I love her radio show. I always listen to it." I shrugged smiling.

"Let's just start on that project, that old woman didn't give us enough time." He muttered as I nodded in agreement.

While we were working something kept bugging me in my head.

Blake's father.

I never heard Blake or Ella talk about him.

And I didn't see any pictures for him with them in the family pictures that were on the wall downstairs.

Should I ask him?

Will he snap at me or will it be ok?