Chapter 1

Andy's P. O. V.

8:00am time to start the day. In had breakfast, brushed my teeth, put on clothes, and left with a quick "bye" to my mum.

I lived quite close to school, but I always had to rush, because every morning before I went to school, I visited Jack first.

I drove my bike to the point where the roads got smaller and more bumpy due to a lack of maintenance. I could allready see the top of the building from here, blocking the sun from lighting up the street.

The Tokyo Hotel was a huge building, you could see it from almost everywhere in the city. It was originally built this high as a sign of pride, and it was indeed impressive.
But for most people it was more of a reminder of the flaws in the country.

You see, the Tokyo Hotel isn't exactly your typical hotel you spend the night when you are travelling across the country. No, the Tokyo Hotel was different. The building was owned by this weird rich old lady, she asked no rent, or anything for you to stay there. She said it serves as a home for people that need one. But in reality, it was rather a bulding of despair.

The people who lived there were families who couldn't afford a proper house, or criminals who hid from the law, or simply people who didn't know how to sort their life out.

When I was younger I alwyas thought the inhabitants of the Tokyo Hotel deserved to live there somehow . Untill I met Jack.

Jack Duff was an Irish boy. He came to live here with his parents, but they never received the legal papers to become citizens. They couldn't return to Ireland either, so they had no other option but to live in the Tokyo Hotel.

Over time Jack became my friend, and I started looking out for him. Every once in a while I bought him new clothes or some candy with my monthly allowance, since he didn't have the money to buy them himself.

I visited him everyday. And everyday I also got the reminder of how miserable the people inside of the Tokyo hotel were. In my opinion, you had to be really desperate to want to live in here.

Jack was already waiting for me at the entrance of the building with a smile on his face.

"Hey Fovvs. I was already worried you wouldn't come because school is starting again today" he said when I got to him.

He always called me Fovvs, it was kind of my nickname. Oh and did I mention Jack didn't have the money to go to school either?

"Hey Jack, no ofcourse I came. How are you" I asked as I locked my bike.

"I'm great actually. My mum found a job in a restaurant a little further down the road, so now we'll have some more money spare" Jack smiled.

No matter how hopeless the situation was, Jack always kept optimistic about it.

There was this one time neither of his parents could find a job and they only had food because my mum prepared food for them. It was a stressfull period, luckily his father managed to get a job as an assistent at a local dentist with his diploma from Ireland not long after. Since then their situation had gotten slightly better.

Jack and I talked about all the things we usually talked about, like football and music artists, when Jack suddenly asked "How are you feeling about going back to school?".

"What do you mean?" I looked up at him.

"Well, how are you feeling about having to cope with that Ryan again" he asked blankly.

I internally facepalmed myself. I almost forgot about Ryan. "Well, I'll just pretend like he's not there and hopefully he'll go away" I stated.

Jack raised one eyebrow. "Are you sure that's gonna work?" He asked sceptically.

"Ofcourse not, but I don't really have a choice do I? I will have to survive the semester, like I did last year.

After a while I had to leave Jack and got to school. Everything went great... Untill the end of the day when I opened my locker, reveiling some creepy looking doll.

I screamed and slammed it shut, then turned aside to face the brown haired boy who was laughing his head off at my reaction.

"Oh Fowler! You're such a sissy!" he laughed. I grimaced.

Ryan Beaumont. Same age as me. Brown hair that's always hanging in his eyes. Quite wanted amongst the girls. Complete asshole to me.

"You could try to grow up you know" I growled.

"Says the biggest mamasboy in all of Brittain" he replied smirking wickedly.

He was right in some ways. I was a mamasboy. I told her everything, but he would NOT make me feel like crap about it.

"Can you get a life?" I snapped.

"You first!" Rye responded.

I wanted to punch him, but he grabbed my wrist and forced me on the ground.

"What was that? Tried to hit me huh? How brave of you" he laughed sarcasticly.

He pulled up my shirt slightly and took out a permanent marker. He scratched something on my stomach with it.

"There. Right on the babyfat. It suits you" he grinned evilly and walked away.

I ignored the few people left in the hallway who were staring at me. Staring, they always just stared but no one ever did anything!

I pulled down my shirt, threw the doll away, put my books inside my locker and went home, not paying attention to the people around me.

When I got home I looked in the mirror and slowly pulled up my shirt.

'SISSY' was written across my stomach. I felt the tears build up in my eyes but blinked them away.

"Not again" I told myself. "Never again. I'll show him that it's over. Next time he tries to pull a trick on me, I will fight back!"

I went downstairs and was greeted by my mother. "Hey sweety, how was your day?" she chirped.

"Okay I guess" I muttered.

"Did that Ryan guy do something again?" she asked, her voice filled with empaty.

I pulled up my shirt as a reponse, reveiling the text.

She gasped. "Andy I know you don't want to but this is getting out of hand. If he harrasses you one more time I'm either stepping to the principal out placing you in a different school" she said determinedly.

"Mum, please don't. I'll change my attitude towards him, I'll tell him not to mess with me" I reassured her.

I did not want my mother to go to the principal. It would only draw attention to me and make it even worse.

My mum closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. "Okay, one more chance" she whispered and gave me a hug.

Next time I'd fight back... Would I really?

Rye's P. O. V.

I had gone too far today. The permanent marker was the limit. I knew I went too far. But I just had to do it. He didn't understand, he never would. But I had no other option but to make him hate me. It was the only way I could make sure he'd want to stay away from me. That would make it easier. I didn't want him to hate me you know. But he had to.

Sometimes I wished I could tell him, explain to him that I had no choice. But then I would risk my parents finding out. So it had to be this way.

Authors note
Stress to travel?
Check!
Inspiration for farfetched fics? Check!
Pissed off mum?
Check!

Guess who just got back in business! Hahaha feels great to be back here 😇

This is the first chapter of my new fic, I thought I'd give out a little teaser bc why not. 😊
Hope you like it💞

-Manon