Chapter 18

Jacks P. O. V.

I walked around the local park. I came here a lot to walk off my stress and get my mind off things. And right now I just had to get out of the Tokyo Hotel.

My parents were arguing again. They had been for a while now. I didn't need to listen to it to know what it was about. It were always the same three things. Money, work, and me.

Whenever they argued I left, but when they were arguing about me actually fled.

I knew what they were shouting at each other about. How I had no future, how they couldn't afford giving me education and how I had to start working soon.

I hated it so much. I had physically ran out of the building and went for a walk in the park. The pressure of the situation was still present and I knew eventually I'd grow up to become like them, but I didn't want to think about it. Not yet.

I walked along the path till the end, where there were benches to sit on. It was unusually empty. Not that it really bothered me.

Some days it was crowded, other days it was quiet. I preferred the quiet days. The days that people didn't stare at me.

There was one person on one of the benches, no one else. A blonde haired boy busy on his phone. It was Brooklyn.

I instantly felt joy at seeing him. I walked over to greet him.

"Hey Brook. How's everything going" I said.

Brooklyn closed his phone and put it back in his pocket, but didn't look up. Something was going on.

"What's wrong?" I asked, walking closer to him.

Brooklyn stared at the ground. "You're not from out of town are you?" it sounded like a statement rather than a question.

I wanted to protest, think of an excuse. But I couldn't lie to Brooklyn, not anymore.

"No... I'm not" I muttered.

"You live in the Tokyo Hotel don't you" Brooklyn continued, still refusing to look at me.

A wave of panic and guilt washed over me. "Yes" I murmured barely audible.

Brooklyn sighed. "Why didn't you just tell me" he asked.

"I.... I was afraid to lose you" I sighed.

"What do you mean?" Brooklyn raised his head to look at me.

"I was afraid... That you wouldn't be my friend. That you'd judge me" I spoke truthfully.

"Why" he asked.

"Why" I scoffed. "Is that even a question. Obviously I'm poor that's known information now. I know what people say about the inhabitants of the Tokyo Hotel. I know you would've judged me"

"I don't judge you" Brooklyn said.

"But can you honestly say that you're view on me hasn't changed since you learned that information" I interfered.

"I... No" Brooklyn muttered.

"See, this happens everytime. I understand if you don't want to see me anymore" I sighed and turned around.

"Wait! Jack, I didn't say that. No one is judging you." Brooklyn stood up and grabbed my shoulder. I fiercely turned around and pushed his hand away.

"What do you know about it Brooklyn! Your whole life has been handed to you. You never had anything to worry about, at least no real issues. You don't know what it's like to go to bed hungry. You don't know what it's like live under constant stress because you don't know if you have enough money to make it trough the month"

By now, without realising, I started to cry. All the cropped up emotions were breaking free.

"You have no idea what it's like to be jealous of someone because they can afford a piece of fucking fruit everyday. And you especially don't know how going outside is sometimes a worse torture than the Tokyo Hotel itself. You don't understand what it's like to have people stare at you when they walk by. Or have people judge you without saying a word. Or sometimes they do and they scold you, sometimes even beat you up for something you litterally can't fucking help. You don't understand what it's like to have people avoid you in a wide circle like you're a terminal disease. You could never understand Brooklyn!" I sobbed.

Brooklyn didn't say a word. He stared at me in shock.

"You don't know what it's like. You don't know me at all" I muttered and walked away.

"That's not true Jack" Brooklyn shouted behind me. He ran up to me and stopped in front of me, preventing me from going further.

"I do know you. I know you're a caring person who does anything in his power to help people, even when he himself has nothing. I know you love listening to music with guitar solos and I know you love wearing checkered shirts. I know you have an amazing sense of humor and a beautiful personality. Your wealth doesn't define you as a person. And I can see past your social status because that doesn't matter to me." Brooklyn said.

I was shocked. Never had anyone, especially someone as wealthy as Brooklyn, wanted to see past the place I was forced to call home.

Brooklyn continued to speak.

"I do know you Jack. And I love you"

Tears welled up in my eyes again, but this time they were tears of happiness. Without thinking I threw my arms around him and held him tightly. "Thank you" I muttered.

Brooklyn hugged me back. I clutched on to him as if letting him go would kill me.

We stood in the middle of an empty park, holding each other for what seemed like an eternity, a beautiful, emotional yet happy eternity. It was just a hug, a simple gesture, but trough it a thousand words were exchanged without speaking.

Brooklyn made me feel good about myself, even only for a few seconds. He could make me smile in situations like this. I was sure now. He was the one.

"Brook?" I whispered.

"Hm?" he hummed.

"I love you too"

Authors note
I hope you were in the mood for a cheesy sad chapter. Jacklyn is finally real though! 🙌😍💞

I picked up my school books today to start on Monday (*pukes*) 😑

Oh, and Vanishaloveslarry please get your mind out of the gutter! I saw the comments on the last chapter. Save your smutty brain for SA please. Just kidding love ya girl! 😂😘

Thank you all for reading so far, see you soon when I feel like posting the next chapter (I'm so lazy lmao)

-Manon 💞