Chapter 9

Rye's P. O. V.

I lay on my bed. My new bed, in the Tokyo Hotel. The sheets were old and foul smelling. But it was all I had. Every second of living here I longed to be home.

But home was no longer an option, not for me. Even if I returned as the most succesfull person in the world, they still wouldn't take me back. The knowledge of my sexuality gave them a permanent view upon me that would never change. In their eyes I'd always be a dissapointment.

Yet, I missed them, and I couldn't help but wonder of they missed me too, even if it was only a little bit.

As I lay there thinking I heard a knock on the door. "Rye it's me! Open up!" Mikey shouted trough the door.

I groaned and got up. "What Mikey" I sighed as I opened the door.

"You've been in here all weekend. You haven't left this room for two days. Pull yourself together" Mikey said.

"Why" I scoffed.

"Because living here is not the end of the world. If I can make it in here so can you." he said, trying to encourage me.

"Yeah well I don't care anymore." I mumbled.

"What about school, and what about- Ew dude! When is the last time you took a shower?" Mikey scrunched his nose in disgust.

"I don't need a shower" I denied like a little kid.

"Yes you do Rye. You stink." Mikey said firmly.

"No I don't" I muttered.

Mikey sighed and grabbed my arm.

"Hey let go" I snapped.

"Nope. You're gonna take a shower right now wether you like it or not" he persisted dragging me towards the bathroom.

The bathrooms were built in a style similar to the bedrooms. Tall grey walls without any decoration. Dirty water was spread across the ground in small stinky puddles. Every now and then a person entered or left, none of them looked friendly to me. The whole place smelled like someone died in the room.

"How am I supposed to get clean when this place smells even worse than I do!" I exclaimed.

"Get used to it. There's a free shower stall over there, here's some soap. You're gonna have to use it for both your body and your hair" Mikey simply said pushing a piece of soap in my hands.

"I'm not showering in here" I scoffed, scrunching my nose at the thought of it.

"Ryan Leonard Beaumont! You have soap and a singular stall. You already have more than 90% of the other inhabitants. Get over your snobby little self and take a shower right now or I will personally push you in there and wash you myself like a toddler!" Mikey snapped.

"Fine, I'll get in the filthy shower" I grunted.

I stepped inside of the stall. My feet were already wet. I looked down. I stood in a puddle of what looked like water mixed with mud. I didn't even want to think about what it was.

Shivering out of disgust I turned on the water.

"Please let the water be clean" I muttered to myself.

I held my hand under the running water. It was still cold. I waited patiently till it would get warmer. I waited... and waited...and waited...

"Rye how long do you need to shower!" Mikey shouted from outside the stall.

"I'm waiting for the water to get warm" I shouted back.

"Are you serio- Rye sorry I forgot to tell you. The water isn't gonna warm up, there's only cold water" he said.