Chapter 32

Brooklyns P.O.V.

"Have you done your homework? my mother asked as she sat down next to me on the couch.

"Yeah, it was pretty easy" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"And did you study for your tests?" my mum continued to ask.

"I have, I'm confident I prepared enough"I answered dryly.

"And did you prepare your bag so you don't forget anything tomorrow and have to make me bring it?" my mother asked, adding a mocking undertone on the mast part of her sentence.

"Hey! I haven't forgotten anything for the past month. Besides, I can put everything in my bag tomorrow too" I protested.

"Okay, but don't say I didn't say so when you forget something anyway" my mum said holding her hands up in surrender.

"I just want to watch some tv right now" I mumbled, picking up the remote.

"Are their any shows you watch at this hour of the day?" my mother asked, looking at the tv screen.

"I don't really know, I haven't looked trough the channels yet, but I have some episodes of 'The Big Bang Theory' in my recordings that I have left to watch" I said.

"Oh, I think I'll join you in that. I'm always in the mood for Sheldon Cooper" My mum chuckled, settling down on the couch with a blanket.

For some odd reason my mum considered Sheldon to be relatable, wich I didn't get since Sheldon had little to no social skills, an overdose of arrogance and was probably the most neurotic person to ever exist. I never really saw those traits in my mum, but I never said anything about it.

About halfway into an episode Jude rushed downstairs. He stared at me, then the tv and then back to me.

"Oh come on!" I whined. "You're always finished before me! I never get to pick what to watch!"

"If you procrastinated a little less and actually worked you could've ben earlier" I sassed, sticking out my tongue to my brother like a little kid.

Jude just rolled his eyes in response. Then he turned to mum. "Mum can I have some reeses?" he asked.

"One pack"my mother replied, holding up one finger.

Jude smiled and rushed to the kitchen, but bumped into the ornamental table on the way, causing it it falter menacingly.

My mother screamed and jumped up from the couch. Jude already steadied the table again, but my mother inspected it anyway.

"Did any of them fall or tip over?" she asked Jude picking the ornaments up one by one.

"N-no I don't think so" Jude stammered, turning pale. If one of the ornaments would've been borken he'd be in serious trouble and he was ver well aware of it.

"Are you sure?" she asked him. Jude just nodded firmly.

Slowly my mum put the ornaments back down on the table. "There's only four..." she muttered.

"What do you mean? "Jude asked, turning even more pale.

"There's only four ornaments, I had six" my mum repeated, crouching down to look under the table and the couch.

I froze. I never told my mum about the stolen ornaments out of fear to be punished. Oh no... This wasn't good.

"They're nowhere to be found" my mum cried out while inspecting the ground for the third time. Suddenly she stood up again, looking at me.