Chapter 43

Mikeys P. O. V.

My back felt stiff as I woke up. I tried to shift to lay more comfortably but ended up falling of the edge of my bed.

I groaned and tried to sit up. I had such a burning headache. Jesus what had I been doing last night to get a headache like that? I slowly opened my eyes.

Where the fuck was I? Surely I had never been here before. I turned around. The thing I thought was my bed was actually a couch.

I lifted myself up on the couch again as I tried to dig into the back of my brain to remember how I got here. But it was all one blank void. "fuck" I cursed as I let myself fall back onto the couch.

I rolled my head to the side and noticed a tray next to the couch. Pain killers and a bottle of water. Whoever the owner of this place was clearly knew I was going to have a headache.

So I must've been drunk then.
Great.

I heard footsteps form upstairs. A person came downstairs. No, two people came downstairs. Rye and Andy. Thank god, some friendly faces.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're at Andy's place" Rye replied.

"And why am I at Andy's place?" I hummed.

Andy's eyebrows drew together. "You don't remember do you?" he said.

"No I don't. Can someone please fill me in" I groaned.

"Well, yesterday Rye came in late at night carrying you over his shoulder" Andy explained. "You were already sleeping by the time you arrived here soooo"  he  looked over at Rye for help.

"Before you passed out you were talking about... Stuff." Rye mumble. He seemed unsure if about something.

"What kind of stuff? What did I talk about?" I adjusted my position on the couch to sit a little more straight up.

"Ehm... Andy could you give us some privacy?" Rye asked. Andy frowned, but then nodded and headed back upstairs.

"What did I talk about?" I repeated as soon as I was alone with Rye.

"You said some things... About people leaving you?" Rye said, the end of his sentence sounding like a question. I felt my body tense up. Did I tell him about that? Shit.

"You said I was going to shut you out when I didn't need you anymore, and that no one, wants you and more of that stuff. What was that Mikey?" Rye asked.

"Nothing. I was drunk, I didn't mean those things" I lied.

"Stop lying Mikey. Tell me the truth" Rye said firmly.

"There are some things that I rather keep to myself okay" I snapped.

"Oh come on!" Rye exclaimed. "Can't you see? You said some really serious things Mikey. I am worried about you" he continued, in a softer voice this time. He looked like he was genuinely worried.

I sighed. "It's hard to talk about okay" I said after a while.

"Is it about your siblings?" Rye asked quietly.

"No. Yes. I mean they're sorta part of it I guess. No, they really are a big part of of it. I think" I stammered.

Rye looked at me with a confused expression. "They all just left as soon as they could. I thought I could trust them and they left, most of them without saying goodbye" I sighed.

"Yeah, you told me before" Rye said. "Do you think I'd do the same?"

"No of course not. I mean maybe. I've done some stuff that you'd probably hate me for if you knew" I said.