Chapter 20

Mikeys P. O. V.

I heard Rye and Andy whisper behind me. I knew they were talking about me knowing Jack.

I couldn't tell them how I knew Jack. If I did I'd have to mention me stealing and I rather didn't have Rye knowing I stole. And I didn't want him or Andy to know that.

On top of that, it wasn't my proudest story to tell either.

I glanced down at the lemon tattoo on my arm. I should get it lasered away I thought. It was only a bad reminder of whatever Jack and I used to have. It had to go.

Once we reached the gate Andy swerved off to Brooklyn and Rye scammed trough his list of assignments to check if he had every box ticked off.

You wouldn't expect it at first sight, but Rye was actually quite a nerd when it came to grades. He wasn't satisfied unless his average was above eighty percent.

It took me only a few minutes to find Harvey between the crowd. He stuck up his hand to wave at me as I approached him.

"Good morning" he chirped.

"Bad morning" I replied.

"Why?" he asked raising one eyebrow.

"Because it's morning" I responded. Harvey laughed.

"Not a morning person?" he chuckled.

I shook my head.

"Good, cause I despise mornings too" he said.

"Then why are you so annoyingly happy every morning" I laughed.

"Because when I arrive at school I see a beautiful face waiting for me" he said with a wink.

He was probably referring to Loren. Why wouldn't he, she was his Girlfriend after all. Yet that conclusion somehow made me sad.

"That's nice for you" I said and faked a smile. I could tell he knew it was fake, but didn't say anything about it.

The rest of the day went by as usual, school was boring, Rye refused to talk to me in math because he was trying to focus on the lesson, and cafetaria food was.... Edible.

I was just about to leave with Rye and Andy when I saw someone storm out of the school library.

I recognized her by her pretty dolls face, peering blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. It was Loren, Harveys girlfriend.

She angrily slammed the door shut and glared at me intensely, before stomping out if the hallway.

"What is up with her, she needs a chill pill" Andy said quietly so she wouldn't hear him.

"I wonder why she's pissed" Rye added.

I shrugged, and we walked 'home'. We got about halfway when my phone started buzzing.

"You should get that" Andy remarked.

"No shit" retorted before answering.

"Hi you're Mikey right? Harveys friend?" the voice on the other end asked.

"I am... Who's this?" I asked sceptically.

"It's Elliot, Harveys brother. Can you please come over. Harvey's been marching back and forth in his room grumbling about something. Can you come and talk to him?" Elliot asked.

"Why would I? You're his brother" I protested.

"Yeah but I'm smart enough not to come close when he's like this. I can't even look at him without getting yelled at. Maybe you can. Please give it a try" he said.