Chapter 16

Mikeys P. O. V.

"Welcome back to the Cantwell home" Harvey laughed as we entered his house.

"Yeah.... I would say good to be back but I don't know if that's an appropriate thing to say after last time" I said and let out a nervous laugh.

"Don't worry Mikey, I'm the only one who saw that and once again, nothing happened I'm not angry with you" Harvey replied.

'But why though? How can you not be angry about it!?' I thought.

"Would you like something to drink?" Harvey asked.

"What do you have to offer" I asked.

"Let's see... Not much apparently. There's water, diet Coke, oh and Cranberry juice but that's my mums juice no one can touch that, and that's about it really" He laughed as he opened the fridge.

"Diet Coke is fine" I laughed.

"Excellent choice my friend" Harvey said as he poured two glasses of diet coke before putting the bottle back into the fridge. He opened another cupboard and took out a bag of breadsticks and a pot of a weird beige coloured sauce.

"Can you take the drinks, I'll carry the snacks" He said as he walked back to the living with the sauce and the breadsticks.

"What is that sauce" I asked as we put everything down on the coffee table in front if the couch.

"Oh that's hummus. It's this kind of sauce made out of chickpeas. My mum makes us eat it because it's healthy or whatever but it's actually pretty good sooo" Harvey explained as he dipped a breadstick into the hummus and put it in his mouth.

"Try it" he encouraged as he passed me the pot.

I hesitantly dipped a breadstick in the beige sauce and brought it to my nose to smell it.

"Don't smell it, just eat it" Harvey laughed.

I braced myself and put it in my mouth. I slowly chewed the breadstick with the hummus on it and I shook my head in disgust as the taste spread in my mouth.

"Nope, not my style" I said as I forced myself to swallow and washed it down with a few sips of my coke.

The whole time Harvey stared at me with an amused face. "Yeah it's not for everyone" He laughed.

"So what do you wanna do" I asked.

"Well, I had an idea in mind of something we could do" he said with a sly smile on his face.

"What is it" I asked.

In response Harvey turned on the television and his laptop-wich was connected to the TV- and opened YouTube.

"We're just gonna watch YouTube videos?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, we're doing something quite different" Harvey replied as he clicked the search button to type. I read what he typed in.

"Oh no you don't! I'm terrible at karaoke!" I exclaimed.

"Aw come on it'll be fun" Harvey laughed.

"No seriously mate. I really can't sing. I can't reach a single high note" I said.

"Just because you can't sing high doesn't mean you can't sing" Harvey shrugged.

"Still, I'm not doing it" I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"Then I guess you'll have to listen to me attempt to sing along" Harvey replied.

"First Song: Wings by Little Mix!" he loudly announced.

"Are you serio-" I couldn't even finish my sentence as Harvey enthusiastically started singing.