Chapter 27

Andy's P. O. V.

We entered the restaurant and I instantly smiled. Willy's Wet Wellies - or simply Willy's as everyone called it- was a silly little family restaurant where you could get good and really, and I mean really cheap food.

Each table had a different colour, there was a corner for kids to play and bets of all, the waiters were actually dressed in a yellow mac raincoat and yellow wellies. I always found that outfit to be hilarious. Jack and I dined here together quite often because of the low price for the meals.

"It feels like forever since we've been here" Jack said as we sat down.

"A lot has happened too" I replied.

"Yeah..." Jacks voice trailed off.

"I feel like we arrived quite early, there aren't many people here. What time is it right now?" I wondered out loud.

To my surprise Jack took a phone out of his pocket and briefly turned it on. "13:46, apparently it's just a calm day" he shrugged and put the phone in his pocket again.

"Since when do you have a phone" I blurted out.

"Oh... Brooklyn gave it to me, why?" he responded.

"Wowowow hold on. Brooklyn gave you A PHONE??? For free?" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry it's his old phone he didn't buy a me one or anything" Jack said defensively.

"Still. He gave you a phone! Why would he do that" I asked.

Jack stared at his lap and fidgeted with a napkin. "Well eh... You see... We're ehm..." he muttered.

He didn't even need to say it out loud, his body language screamed it. A smile crept on my face. "Jack are you and Brooklyn a couple?" I said more quietly.

Jack nodded, attempting to hide his flustered face. "Not everyone needs to know" he muttered.

"That's so cute! I saw it coming you know" I chuckled.

"Yeah right you did" Jack rolled his eyes.

"I did. You two were always asking me about the other. It couldn't get more obvious" I laughed.

"Fine I guess I've liked him for a while..." Jack shrugged.

"So... Is he a nice boyfriend" I asked, leaning closer over the table to hear him better.

Jack smiled to himself and got a blush on his cheeks again. "He's amazing. He's really caring and compassionate and he cooks really well. And he likes to cuddle with me a lot. He tried to write me a poem too. It was terrible but it was so sweet and he looked so cute..." A waterfall of words left Jack's mouth as he chatted on about Brooklyn, staring at something in the distance with a dreaming look in his eyes.

I smiled at his happiness. It was good to see him so happy and comfortable. "Sounds like he's good for you" I said.

"Yeah... He is" Jack grinned.

"Hi can I get your o-oooooh shit" a voice next to us spoke.

I looked up to see Rye, dressed in a mac raincoat, holding notepad, looking extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

"You work here?" I started laughing out loud. Like actually laughing my ass off.

"Oh come on Andy" Rye rolled his eyes.

"Like... I knew you waited tables... But here!!!!" I wheezed.

"It's not that funny" Rye mumbled to himself.