Chapter 42

Rye's P. O. V.

It had been a whole week since Andy had moved back in with his mum. I was happy for him, even though I missed sharing a bed with him. I thought about Christmas.

As much as I wished for it, I probably wouldn't be able to celebrate the holiday with my family. My mother would never allow that. But Andy's mother offered me to join them for Christmas.

She had raised an eyebrow at me when Andy told her about our relationship. I guess she knew about our history. But regardless she appeared very supportive. When the awkward feeling faded away the talking went easier.

Although running away was probably a sensitive subject in the Fowler family now, it did open a door for Andy to be able to talk about his father with his mother now. She had shown him pictures of him and told stories about how they met. He told me all about it when he visited the Tokyo Hotel to see me, Mikey and Jack. Mikey had seemed a little distant when he visited, but Andy hadn't noticed.

Right now I was returning to the Tokyo Hotel. I had seen Robbie this afternoon. He followed my advice and had his first date with Alex. Seeing my older brother blush was a rare sight, but talking about Alex could make him go red in a matter of seconds. It was cute really.

It was already getting dark. I sped up my pace slightly. There weren't a lot of working street lights around the neighbourhood surrounding the Tokyo Hotel, so if it was dark, it was very dark. And the Tokyo Hotel already wasn't safe during day time let alone nighttime.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't look where I was going, walking straight into somebody.

"Wwwwatch where you're going... Dweeb" the person slurred. In one hand he held a bottle of some kind of alcohol, with his free hand he wiped his dark curly hair out off his forehead.

"... Mikey?" I stared at him in disbelief. Mikey looked at me and scoffed.

"Oh piss off would you" he slurred. He waddled a few steps away and collapsed on the ground a few feet away from me.

I ran towards him. "No! No I don't need help I'm not a baby!" he yelled, kicking and squirming when I tried to lift him up.

"Jesus mate how much have you been drinking!? Where did you get the alcohol from?" I said.

"Why do you bother. I got my connections. Not that it's any of your business" he spat. He lifted up the bottle to take another sip.

"Yeah you had enough of that" I said snatching the bottle out of his hand.

"Hey give it back!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Mikey why are you out on the streets looking like this. This isn't like you" I sighed.

Mikey huffed. "Why do you even bother? Go back to your little brothers" he snapped.

I was taken aback by that. "What are you saying?" I muttered.

"Oh don't act stupid Ryan. Andy returned home, Jack's family may escape that hellhole of a hotel soon and you reunited with your stupid stupid family! And meanwhile I will always be that Tokyo Hotel trash that nobody wants" Mikey spat.

"That's not true Mikey and you know it. Nobody wants you? That's not true. And me and Andy are still your friends you know" I said.

"Friends? You don't even know me! Here's a little fact about me Ryan I steal stuff. I steal from everybody around me and sell it on a black market. You don't wanna be friends with a thief do you?" he spat.

Mikey was a thief? When I didn't reply Mikey made a gesture as if my silence confirmed what he just said.

"Friends! Yeah right you became friends with me because you got stuck in the Tokyo Hotel. You had no other option. Just wait and see, once you get your perfect little life back you'll forget about me like everybody else!" he slurred.