Chapter 37

Rye's P.O.V.

Andy watched me with an observing look on his face as I was tying my shoes. "What?" I said.

Andy didn't reply, his gaze still locked on me. "Andy... What are you doing" I laughed.

Andy took a step closer and sat down next to my feet so he was looking straight up at me. "You're nervous about something" he finally spoke.

I chuckled. "I guess I am" I replied.

"Why?" He asked, tilting his head like a puppy.

"Because... "my voice trailed off.

Andys expression switched from curiosity to concern. "What's wrong?" he asked, standing up to sit next to me.

I looked up at the ceiling, not knowing where to start. "See ehm.." I said.

"Well, tell me" Andy encouraged.

I sighed. "Andy... I'm going to see my little brothers again today" I whispered, unable to hide a smile.

Andys face lit up. "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you Rye" he cheered. "Why are you nervous then?" he continued as he noticed my facial expression.

"My parents still don't accept me. My dad is allowing me to see them behind my mums back because she'd never let them come close to me... And he only does it because they miss me. It's just-... I'm scared Andy" I sighed.

Andy cupped my cheek with his hand. "Hey... It's gonna be okay. Who knows, maybe one day your parents will realise this is just who you are. And maybe they don't, and in that case, eventually you'll be able to let them go... But, you can see your brothers again. And that is bloody amazing. Two weeks ago you were convinced you'd never see them again, and now here we are. And I think you're very strong coping with all of this. From now on things are only gonna get better. And when something goes wrong, I 'll be there to catch you, do we have a deal?" he said, giving me a small, unsure smile.

"Thanks babe" I whispered, giving him a brief kiss on the lips. Andy wasn't satisfied with that though, as he pulled me back into a long deep kiss.

Kissing Andy was heaven. The rest of thge world became a blur when we kissed. Only Andy could make me feel this way. After a long time he finally pulled away, with a mesmerized look on his face.

"I want you to come with me" I said.

Andy looked up in suprise. "To your brothers? I shouldn't. Really, this needs to be a moment for you and them alone" he said.

I gently took Andys hand, caressing the back of his hand with my thumb. "I want you to be there. I'm sure they'll be crazy about you" I said softly.

"You don't know that" Andy replied.

"I do, I know them better than anyone. Besides, they're related to me, and I'm beyond crazy about you" I said, causing Andy to blush.

"That's so cheesy" he giggled, covering his face with his hands. I chuckled at how cute he was.

"Please? Come with me" I repeated.

"Okay, I will" Andy said, planting a kiss on my cheek. 

 I felt myself feeling more nervous and insecure as we got closer to the spot where my dad had said to meet him. The park, at the bench next to the willow tree, at 3pm. All kinds of worrying thoughts swarmed my head. What if they wouldn't show up? What if the twins didn't like Andy? What if I screwed it all up and I'd never see them again? What if-

My thoughts were interrupted by Andy taking my hand, giving it gentle squeeze as a way of saying 'calm down'.

I relaxed a little bit, but my grip around his hand tightened anyway as I saw my family appear in sight. Sammie and Shaun were already waving at me, my dad watched me with a neutral expression. I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked all the way up to them.