Chapter 7

Jacks P. O. V.

As I walked along the sidewalk I counted the money my parents had given me. It was a total of £40... That was all the money we could spend on groceries for the next 2-3 weeks.

I sighed and pushed it back into my pocket. I wasn't exactly suprised, but I was going to have hard time finding everything we needed below the price of £40.

"Jack? Hi!"

I froze at the sound of a familiair voice calling my name. I turned around and saw Brooklyn jog towards me.

"Hi, how are you" Brooklyn said with a pleasantly suprised smile on his face.

"I'm good... How are you?" I asked, trying to hide my nervousness.

"So... Aren't you supposed to be back in Birmingham by now? You know, for school and stuff" Brooklyn asked.

'Oh no, I completely forgot about that! Think of something!'

"I'm... Eh... Homeschooled?" I stuttered.

"Really? That's cool" Brooklyn smiled.

"I actually wanted to ask you something, have you noticed Andy acting strange? He's your friend right? I mean you stay at his house while you're here so I thought... Yeah just... Do you feel like he's been acting... different?" he asked.

Why would Brooklyn want to know that? As far as I knew he and Andy rarely spoke. Or did they become friends after the party? But that was only a week ago. He had a point though.

"Yeah I have noticed, he's been less open about stuff why?" I asked.

"He and Ryan beat the living crap out of each other the other day" Brooklyn said.

What did he just say???

"Andy fought? He never told me that"

why would he keep that from me?

"Yeah. It was pretty scary to look at. Those two looked like they were ready to murder each other. They got detention for the rest of the week" Brooklyn said.

"That's nothing like Andy" I muttered.

"So anyway what are you doing today" Brooklyn asked.

He was probably just trying to start a casual conversation, but I couldn't answer that. What would I say? 'oh yeah I was just grocery-shopping with barely any money because my family is broke 24/7!'

My whole life I had seen people despise me because I lived in the Tokyo Hotel and because I was poor. I didn't want to risk losing a friend because of my sad situation.

"Oh.. That doesn't matter. Wanna hang out?" I asked avoiding his question.

Brooklyn gave me a sceptical glance, but then nodded and smiled.

Andy's P. O. V.

I fiddled with my pencil as I glanced at the clock for the umpteenth time. Still 5 more minutes of boredom before I was allowed to leave. God I hated detention with all my heart.

My mum wasn't pleased when I came home that day. She was angry with me, she rarely got angry at me. She didn't punish me however, "the school already punished you enough" she had said. Sadly that didn't mean that I wouldn't get a lecture though. And it was a long one.

One thing was for sure, I would never start a fight again. It wasn't worth this. By now the whole school was already outside doing whatever they fancied. But me? Nope I had to stay in this room for an extra hour, doing absolutely nothing.

My eyes wandered around the classroom and landed on Rye. We hadn't said a single word to each other since the fight four days ago. Since then something had changed about Rye. And I wasn't talking about how he stopped bullying me all of a sudden.

Somehow he looked different in some way. He looked more... Tired. And his clothes were more wrinkled than usual. Why was he letting himself wither like that? He had everything his heart desired, why did he look like that?

At last I heard the schoolbell ring. I could finally get out of here.

Rye's P. O. V.

The bell finale rang, giving away I could've go home. I packed up my stuff and glanced at the teacher who gave me a blank look before leaving the classroom.

As I walked down the hall I felt a pair of eyes on my back. I turned around to see Andy gazing at me. He had a puzzled look on his face, as if he was trying to figure out a complicated math problem.

I just decided to ignore him and continued walking. I didn't have the nerve to look back because I felt myself blushing. Was I really blushing at the fact that Andy was looking at me? This was getting worse each day. It was like he put a spell on me, and each day it was harder not to give in. I hated him. No, I didn't. I wanted to hate him, I wanted to hate him so bad, but I just couldn't. I didn't know why, there was something about him... I couldn't explain.

I got roughly snapped out of my thoughts when someone violantly yanked me to the side. It was Mikey.

"What the f#*k Mikey, why did you do that!" I hissed.

"Why didn't you tell me" he said.

"Tell you what" I grunted, still pissed at him for pulling me to the side like that.

"You know very well what I mean goddamnit. Why didn't you tell me you're in the Tokyo Hotel." Mikey said firmly.

"What are you talking about Mike" I said, trying to think if an excuse.

"Stop playing dumb Rye. You look like sh*t and I saw you in the hallway there. Tell me the truth" he snapped.

"Fine yes, I live in the Tokyo Hotel now. Why does it concern you anyway?" I sighed.

"Why does it concern me? Are you serious? My rich ass friend suddenly moves out of nowhere to the poorest neighbourhood of the city. Ofcourse it concerns me Rye! What happened?" He said, he genuinly sounded like he wanted to help.

I sighed. "I..... I got kicked out. That's all there is to it" I muttered.

I didn't want to talk about it, just thinking about it almost made me tear up again.

"Oh... Rye I'm so sorry mate" Mikey mumbled and engulfed me in a hug.

"It's gonna be okay. I've spent my whole life there, I can help you" he whispered.

"Thanks Mikey" I muttered.

He truly was a great friend.

Authors note.
Look at that! The Rykey friendship is returning! Now Rye doesn't really have a reason to avoid him anymore does he? I will try to put some Rykey moments in the story every now and then (try being the key-word here. Almost a whole year of wattpad and I still feel like a total noob)

Guess who just got home? Me! Guess who pretty much died in the heat wave yesterday? Also me! And this weather is gonna stay like this for another two weeks... Great. Well, I'd still rather be roasting than freezing so I'm not gonna complain too much about the it 😂

As always please vote and leave a comment, I really love reading your comments. Thanks for reading!

See you next chapter!

-Manon