Chapter 31

Andy's P.O.V.

I mentally ticked off the boxes in my head as I looked at my preparation. Friday I'd take the train to London to see my dad.

I took out my phone and opened Google maps to save the address already. Just as I typed in the address the app shut down.

I rolled my eyes and tried again. 'Please try again' it said. I breathed in sharply trough my nostrils.

Whenever my phone did something annoying I got angry really quick. I glanced over at Rye, he was on the bed reading a book.

I silently cursed as my phone once again didn't do what I wanted it to do.

"What's going on babe?" Rye asked.

"Nothing, it's just, I'm trying to save an address on google maps but it won't work" I replied.

"What kind of address? " Rye asked curiously.

"Someone I need to see" I answered shortly. It was the address me and Brooklyn found on his stepdads laptop, wich I now wanted to save on my phone to go ther in the future.

"Let me see" Rye said as he stood up from the bed walking over to me to look at the phone. "Can I try something?"he asked.

I shrugged and handed him my phone. He started deleting certain spaces between the words I typed and scroliing trough the suggestions.

"Eh, Andy, what was the address again?, I'm afraid I accidentally deleted it" he chuckled apologetically.

"It's in my text messages. Brook sent it to me" I replied, taking the phone back and opening my messages. I was about to open the chat history with Brook when Rye suddenly snatched my phone from my hands.

"Hey what are you doing" I snapped, taken by suprise. With an almost shocked expression Rye read something on my phone.

"Rye... What's wrong?" I asked slowly. In response Rye turned the screen of my phone to me so I could see what he read. The messages my mum sent the first week, I never had the heart to delete them, now I wished I did.

"Did you run away?" he quietly asked, his voice was trembling.

"You don't understand, I-"

"Why the fuck would you do that!? Look! Look at the fucking messages Andy! Your mum is actually worried and misses you!" Rye yelled, cutting me off.

"Yeah but I-"

"Your mother loves you Andy! And she MISSES you! Do yu have any idea how special that is!? Do you know whgat I'd give to have my mother miss me?" He screamed. 

I was completely taken aback by his explosive reaction. Why did he react so upset to those messages? I shot a worried look at Rye. He was shaking, his eyes and the area around it started to turn red as if he was about to cry. He was littlerally on the verge of losing it!

"Rye! sit down. It's okay. I'm sorry" I said quietly as I led him to sit down on the bed.

"It's not okay... Why would you leave someone who cares about you"he muttered.

"Why are you so upset about this" I asked carefully. "Rye... Why are you here?

The first tear quietly rolled down Ryes cheek, going over the contours of his jaw, to fall down near his chin. With a sigh he leaned on me softly. "I was kicked out" he muttered almost inaudibly.

My heart sank. If only I knew...

"I came out to my parents... Then they dragged me outside and told me to never return. I couldn't even say goodbye to my brothers" he continued.