Chapter 4

Brooklyns P. O. V.

I woke up on the couch. I must've passed out Yesterday. I looked around me. The whole room was a total mess. I groaned. I had to clean it all up by myself. Guess living alone wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I started picking up the empty cups when I noticed something. My mother had an antique table with little swarovski ornaments out of rhinestone and more expensive gems and metals. The ornaments were shaped in small Swans and seahorses. I've looked at them all my life and I knew the exact position of each one. The problem was, some of them were gone now.

I jolted up and rushed towards the table. Two of the ornaments were gone. Someone must've stolen them while everyone was partying! I started to panick. My mum was going to kill me if she found out.

All of a sudden I heard the doorbell. I hesitantly went to the door. Who would it be at this hour. Maybe someone forgot their jacket. Or maybe the neighbours came to complain. Or maybe my parents sent someone to check on me! Quietly begging it wouldn't be a relative I opened the door. To my suprise it was Jack.

"...Hi" I said. It was all I could think of.

"Hi Brook. Did you have a good sleep" Jack said smiling at me.

"Yeah it was allright" I chuckled. "Why are you here" I asked.

"Well, I figured I could help you clean up from last night. We made quite a mess I reckon" he laughed. He was so nice!

"Yeah thanks, that's really thoughtfull of you" I said, feeling my cheeks go red. Shit was I blushing? The thought of it made me blush harder, this time out of embarassment.

"eh...come in" I mumbled, opening the door wider for him to come in.

"Whoa! What the hell did we do last night" Jack gasped at the mess in front of him.

"Yeah it's pretty bad isn't it" I said scratching my neck. I decided not to tell him about the stolen ornaments.

"Thanks for wanting to help me anyway" I said.

"No problem. We're friends right?" Jack smiled.

"Yeah... Friends" I muttered.

Could we become more?

Rye's P. O. V.

I came in very quietly, hoping my family wouldn't hear me enter the house. If I was lucky they'd still be asleep. If not, I had a big problem.

I closed the front door as quietly as possible, when I heard someone clear their throat. I slowly turned around to see both my parents standing in front of me, their arms crossed and with a not-so pleased look on their faces.

"Look" I started. "I swear I can explain-"

"Yes please do explain Ryan. Explain to us why you said you'd be home by eleven pm and show up at eleven am the next day" my mum barked.

I awkwardly stared at the ground. I didn't know what to tell them. "I... Fell asleep yesterday. I probably had too much to drink and-"

"Oh ofcourse! Yes you drank too much like you always do. If you ever become an alcoholic no one will be suprised! Get a handle on yourself Ryan you're going to get yourself in serious trouble one day with that habit of yours" my mum went on.

you mean like I am now? "I'll look out next time so-"

"Oh yes sure, next time. Always next time! How about now Ryan you have your entire life ahead of you and you're throwing it all away with these trashy parties!" she rambled on.

"Mum! Can you please stop interrupting me" I mumbled under my breath. Sadly she heard me.

"Oh interrupt you? I'm sorry what do you have to say to excuse yourself? That's right, nothing as always" she sighed and ran her hand trough her hair.

"We are gonna have to punish you Ryan. No more parties from now on. Till you've finished high school" she stated.

"What!?" my eyes widened in disbelief "You can't be serious! Dad don't you think that's a little extreme?" I looked at my dad, begging him to talk some sense into my mum.

"I think..." He opened his mouth to say something, but after receiving a death glare for my mum he seemed to change his mind. "... That you should listen to your mother" he muttered.

I sighed. "Can I go take a shower now?" I asked. My mum just scoffed, I took it as a sign of her permission and proceeded to go upstairs.

"Oh and one more thing Ryan" she grabbef my shoulder and stopped me at my tracks. "Was that Mikey fellow there?" she asked me sceptically.

I should give you some background information on that. Last year some idiot spread a rumor saying I had a crush on a boy named Mikey, wich for the record wasn't true! But somehow my parents heard it anyway. My parents were total homophobes, so the thought of their own son crushing on a boy was outragious. I had to do everything in my power to convince them otherwise. But even now, a year later they still tried to make sure that, true or not, I kept my distance from Mikey.

"I don't know, if he was I didn't see him. Now can I shower? I feel sweaty" I calmly said.

My mother frowned, but let go of my shoulder. Without looking back I went upstairs.

If only they knew the whole story.

Authors note
Five long days away and I'm back. For one day then I'm off to Denmark for two weeks lmaooo. I enjoyed it sm though.

I'd love to tell stuff about the camp but there's more important stuff to be discussed:this fandom.

So idk everything about it bc I was on camp when the whole thing happened but from what I heard Andy got hate bc he was upset about football. Seriously? Hate for that? What is wrong with these people. They compared Andy's grief over FOOTBALL to the loss of Brooklyns dad!? That is not just over the limit that is not done! Whoever saud this needs to seriously reconsider his/her set of mind because this is honestly unacceptable!

People keep giving the boys and mostly Andy so much hate lately and it's unbearable. I am so done with this fandom. I am angry and upset with this and if this happens one more time I will genuinly consider taking a break from the roadtrip fandom.

That's all I'm gonna say about it

-Manon