Helping Hand

"Chu... Jisoo... Yah!"

Jisoo turned around and acted as if she wasn't sure why Jennie followed her. "Oh? Jendeukie? Why? Something wrong?"

"You're really asking me what's wrong? If you're asking what the problem is--"

"Did you lose something? You seem upset." She didn't want to acknowledge it but Jennie's lips formed a thin line and her eyes showed somewhat distrust and... hurt.

"You're not serious about going with him, right?"

"Going with who?" It was mean but acting oblivious with Jennie showed more genuine expressions than the brunette ever let on. "What do you mean--"

"Stop acting, Jisoo. You know what I'm talking about." Jennie snapped at her and thoughts came onto Jisoo. For her, it's not like she did anything wrong.

If you could go with whoever you like, why can't I do the same?

"And your point?" She crossed her arms and stared at Jennie. "What's it to you?"

"I'm your bestfriend. And I told you--"

"Right. You're not my girlfriend. So why are you acting like a protective one?" It seemed like a slap to the brunette. That made her shut up. "If you're really my bestfriend, you'd let me do things with the person I like."

"You like... him?" Jisoo talked too fast that even she was surprised at her words. Jennie looked too flabberghasted with those but then she quickly covered it with her smile. "Wow. You could've told me, Jisoo."

"I mean..." She stammered before continuing, "I might."

"Fine." Jennie took a deep breath but she averted Jisoo's gaze. "I'll help you."

"No, it's fine--"

"That's what I should do." She walked forward and Jisoo thought she'll lean in close like how she always do, making her heart erratic. But Jennie only passed her while muttering, "I'm your bestfriend after all."

Jisoo didn't want her helping hand at all. Because it won't help her in being with the person she likes. It even puts her in a tough spot.

And if Jennie, her bestfriend, wants to help... the only thing she could do that Jisoo would really accept, is returning her love.