What Scares You The Most?

"So what scares you the most?"

"Other than seeing a horror movie with you?"

Jennie gasped and sat up from their star gazing on the grass. "You're actually scared of horror movies?! Who knew?! Kim Jisoo is afraid of them too and all you do is laugh at me every time!"

"I think this is where I should tell you that what scares me the most is being hearing impaired because you're screaming and your mouth is directly against my ear and—"

"Oh shut up." Jennie rolled her eyes but laid down beside her girlfriend again, pointing to her pouty lips. "Where's my kiss?"

Jisoo chuckled and leaned in for her lips. It wasn't exactly freezing cold but her girlfriend's lips were a bit chapped. She heard Jennie giggling as she wet them and all she could do was smile and shake her in return as they parted.

"I'm scared of you."

"Me? When I grow out horns like Satan, ready to take the blood of those lingering around you?"

Jisoo laughed and it didn't take a second before the latter joined her. She cupped her face and Jennie could feel Jisoo was serious. Maybe that scared her a bit too because whatever that would be next said should be taken care of properly. Shouldn't be forgotten and always be kept in safe place in her mind.

"I'm scared of you. I'm scared of you going away or breaking up with me. I'm scared of losing you." She took a deep breath and looked into those chocolate brown orbs that felt like a hot chocolate on her body as they warm her up. "I love you so much, I couldn't explain it as if words are never enough... I wouldn't know what I'd do if I suddenly lose you. I'm scared of you because you can break my heart easily, Jennie, and I could try putting them back together but... I know for sure that you'd be the only one able to fix it even when it's hopelessly in pieces."

They went silent for awhile, the night breeze caressing them in their faces. It was a thought that would be lingering in the air no matter what season come and go. And it'll always be there because the two both knew that nothing in the world is permanent.

"I think I'm scared of that too. And I worry about it all the time." Jennie said in a whisper as she nuzzled her face against Jisoo's neck. "But at least I know you're in love with me that much and that's comforting to hear."

"Really?" Jisoo asked while facing her a bit. Jennie pecked the crinkle by her eye.

"Because I know I'm the same when it comes to you." She smiled and wrapped her arm around the latter. "And while we don't know what the future holds for us... right now, we both know we don't want to lose each other. We both want to never stop loving each other and I'll be holding hard onto that."

Jisoo sighed a bit, not sure for what reason. But she did smile as Jennie was doing it too against her own face. Against their touching lips. It was scary indeed but just like breathing, she hopes that her love for her wouldn't stop until her heart is beating. Nothing is permanent but some things last for a long time.

Jisoo hopes one of those things could be them.

***

I don't think you, my readers here, will be affected much of what I think I should be writing or discontinuing to write about. There's basically only two jensoo stories here anyway. And that will continue but do know that I was already thinking of ending this one before Jenkai even became real. Let's just try to be happy, okay? If Jennie's happy then we should all be too because our girls' happiness matter the most. :) Have a great year ahead, y'all! ❤️