Best and Worst Date

"What do you do on a first date?"

"Seriously? You're really asking me that now?"

"I have no idea, Jendeukie. Do we eat first or do we go for activities first?"

The brunette chuckled and teased her. "Geez, Jisoo, you could've told me we're going on a field trip and not a date."

"Hey! You asked me out! And I mean like movies, making crafts or bracelets, skating... those kinds of things." The couple continued strolling around the mall with their fingers clasped. "What did you enjoy doing with your ex?"

Jennie's eyes looked at her longer than what a second could take. Jisoo didn't exactly waver but there was still that part of her that wishes she was Jennie's first in everything.

"Are you asking for tips for the best dates I've had?"

"Maybe... best and worst date? Can you name one or two?" She tried a smile and Jisoo was all ready to change the topic if Jennie would dare to. "You must have plenty."

"Best date I've ever had... well... this special someone took me to sightsee in places and make plenty of memories with them. We kept this photograph that I'm always proud to show off the caption which meant forever to the both of us. We ran and played around that we're like some never ending chase cartoon going on. Then we ended the day with a  tight hug and peck on the cheek because I'm afraid I'll ask for more and that would be too much."

"Wow." Jisoo could easily feel a pang of jealousy. She should never have asked. One rule when asking your lover about her past, better not even think about bringing it up. She somehow let go of Jennie's hand and walked faster that she was in front the brunette.

"Are you jealous?"

Yes.

"Nope." There was some distance between them and she could hear Jennie giggling. She turned back a bit to ask her but she still kept walking. "Worst date?"

"It was the exact same one as my best date."

Jennie's voice seemed too far away that Jisoo almost missed it. But they were in a deserted part of the mall, near where there's a balcony. She could notice everything. The  clean windows, the navy blue skies, the scattered stars and her favourite voice in the world.

"Because she doesn't know it was a date for me."

Now it all clicked. All of it rang a bell. Everything Jennie said sounded too familiar, too similar to one of the best happy days in Jisoo's life. She was foolish and, at the same time, glad for it.

Because now she knows.

She ran back to Jennie and kissed her chastely on the lips before smiling wide, her ruined mood being lightened up just with those words. "Guess what? I think she knows by now."

"Really? You think so?" Jennie showed her gummy smile, causing the latter to laugh out loud for the cuteness.

"Yup. And she's willing to make better ones compared to your best one."