Tricky Time

Time is tricky. Jisoo didn't need to own a time turner or actually travel through time to say so. Sometimes it feels as if it passes too fast. But sometimes it takes like ages for the arms of the clock to move.

Just like now.

The raven haired girl tapped her pen from one side of the table as she eyed the hallway. Graduation was so close and if attendance isn't required, she would have ditched the seminar altogether. She bit her bottom lip, her mind quickly undergoing that daydreaming mode as her thoughts turn towards her Jennie. Her girlfriend.

Her once girlfriend.

She wasn't entirely sure if they clearly broke up. She preferred to use the term cool off. Then again it doesn't seem like they've really put a strain on their relationship.

It's an act. It's just an act.

Jisoo kept telling that to herself every day, convincing herself that nothing was real. That it was just a ploy or some crazy decision as Jennie and her agreed with it. They agreed to try and part from each other for some time.

"Okay, Jennie. I'll see you on that orientation." Jisoo heard as she approached the brunette who was accompanied by Chaehee. The latter bid goodbye as soon as she saw Jisoo. She had respect for the other girl especially when it seemed like she understood that she had been waiting to be alone with Jennie for about an hour and a half. "Hello, Jisoo. See you around."

"You too." She smiled and the two of them waited for Chaehee to disappear before one of them opened their mouths.

In the end, it was Jennie's voice that floated in the air. "I thought you went home already."

"Well you thought."

"Jisoo."

"I just thought we could go home together. Maybe get an ice cream too."

For a long second Jisoo almost guessed Jennie wanted to reply the words, "well you thought." But a brief bite on that bottom lip stated that the brunette prevented herself. It would be too harsh not only on Jisoo but to her as well. "I'm on a diet."

"From ice cream? Oh come on. You'll make any day a cheat day for a scoop of milk ice cream. Maybe even two if I'm buying it."

"Yeah but..." Jennie trailed off as Jisoo met her gaze with her eyes almost pleading, asking for a just a short time to spend with her. "We're on a break, remember?"

"Here I thought you're dismissed for the day."

"Jisoo, seriously?"

"Can we just go home together? We're still best friends, right? Besides, I'm already here and the last time I checked, I still live in the same neighborhood."

It would seem like Jennie was about to put up another reason, maybe a little clearing up for why they can't be together. Or that she won't allow them to be together. But even Jennie's will was as easy to bend as her own sexuality because of Jisoo alone. There was a sigh of defeat before Jisoo's lips curled up in a smile.

"A scoop of ice cream?" Jennie asked.

"Make it two."

"I just said I'm on a diet."

They started walking the familiar path when Jennie refused the idea of them finishing their own share of cold cream while seating. Jisoo happily spent as much as she could especially when it jeopardized Jennie's so called diet as she couldn't resist two scoops of milk ice cream. They didn't talk much but the gummy smiles that Jennie can't help but give were enough for her.

Those were unchanging at the very least. It made Jisoo hope from her own way to her house from Jennie's place. It distracted her from thoughts that there was a big change between her and Jennie waiting just around the corner.

Time is tricky. Jisoo just hopes it won't play dirty tricks on her and Jennie. It definitely isn't a treat for her in any way.