Confession

"Jennie-ah..."

Jisoo was being careful before her foot gets stuck on another tree branch. She was now on eye level with Jennie's balcony and she was quite sure the brunette was shutting her out. There were no replied texts, answered calls and even a person opening the door yet that didn't prevent Jisoo from discarding her stilettos somewhere on the grass and climbing her way up to Jennie's room. Literally.

"Psst! Jendeukie!!" She grunted as it only took her another leap before finally stepping on stable ground. She knocked against the glass doors and when all her patience left her body, she used the flashlight on her phone to disturb the girl inside the dark room. "You gizibe! You got some explaining to do! I won't leave till you talk to me! Yah Kim Jennie—!"

"What the fuck?"

Jisoo was thinking of giving her the fright yet Jennie in her black hoody almost zipped up to cover half her face made Jisoo backed away for a bit. She remembered playing around using that same hoody but it's not like Jennie would do the same. If anything else, it was the best thing she put on when she wants to hide her face.

"I love you."

The black haired girl could have waited for the right moment and perfect time. It could've been when they're holding hands or when they're not giving each other the silent treatment. Those words suited a much better setting not wherein Jisoo has leaves all over her, untidy hair and faded make up. Or with Jennie dubiously wearing sunglasses and black clothes covering her skin in the middle of the night as if someone just died.

There was silence. Just like another calm before the storm.

"Are you drunk?" Before Jisoo could talk, she cut her off. "I think you are. I'm going to call auntie and ask them to fetch you."

"Jennie—"

"Or if you're not that high, why don't you see yourself out?" She said in a cold tone and finally slammed the door and pulled down the curtains, leaving Jisoo on her balcony.

"Hey! I didn't come all the way to listen to you! I didn't just ditch Jinyoung just to see for you for a freaking second! I didn't climb that tree just for you to make me leave by that again! And by the way... I'm already out! You haven't even let me in!"

"Whatever."

It was hard. Jisoo could feel herself close to crying not because of her own reasons. She coudln't believe that Jennie was actually hurt and tearing up behind her back. She knew how it feels like to be heartbroken by the night and to pretend all's well by the morning.

"I didn't go out with him because I really like him... I didn't buy this dress for him to look at me because the truth is... I want to look good in your eyes. I didn't take his hand because I want to. I did that to stop myself from running after you and taking you away from your date." She sighed heavily and leaned her forehead against the glass. "I didn't kiss him because I like him. I know that was purely wrong and sure Jinyoung's a good guy but... I thought about all the times I was jealous for seeing you do that with somebody else and hoped you could feel the same as I do. I just never thought in my entire life that you would really cry. I thought it would make me forget you but all I could think about was how it'll feel like if it's you I'm kissing and not him or anyone else."

There was no response and that made Jisoo to turn the knob which budged yet didn't open. She forcefully opened the door only to find herself falling uncontrollably into Jennie's arms. She looked up and saw the latter with finally a bare and visible face containing confusion and pain and a bit of hope all at the same time.

"You're a liar, you know that? I thought you said you're going to your boyfriend's house tonight."

Jennie cleared her throat but didn't remove her support on Jisoo's waist after she stood upright. The close distance between them was emanating heat from both of their bodies. It was probably true when Jisoo thinks the brunette is flustered. Especially when her voice was almost inaudible.

"Maybe some other time..."

"Liar. You don't have a boyfriend." Jennie raised her eyebrows and Jisoo never thought she got it in her but she quickly leaned in just to peck Jennie on the corner of her lips. "Your ex told me everything. Show's over, Jennie Kim."

Jisoo smiled wider this time as her bestfriend stayed mum. She dropped her forehead against the latter, sighing softly and contentedly as if those were the arms meant to be wrapping around her the whole night. The close proximity didn't stop her from staring into those brown orbs slowly melting under her intense gaze.

"It's my chance to make you mine."

***
can I end it here already..?
or should I write like a bit more?