Facing the Music

"Can you really tell him?"

"There's no other way, Jen."

"There is." Jisoo looked apprehensively at her bestfriend turned girlfriend overnight. "I can just kiss you in front of him then see him weep."

"Don't be sarcastic. He won't weep."

"Oh... you prefer him moping and moaning like Myrtle?"

"Jennie..."

The black haired girl sighed and Jennie's gaze soften for it. "Jinyoung must understand it. I mean... no matter how nice your lips are, it wouldn't feel right if you don't like the guy."

"And you're an expert because..?"

Jennie pulled her shoulders and pushed her against the wall, away from people to see them. She kissed her, letting their soft lips molding against each other slowly. She left butterfly kisses from her lips to her cheeks and back to that heartshaped smile she made the latter do. She ended it by nibbling Jisoo's earlobe, effectively tickling and making her giggle.

"Because I've kissed different people before but no one came close to what you make me feel."

Jisoo felt it again, the butterflies or the whole damn zoo that must've decided to place itself inside her stomach ever since they became together. Every time they're together holding hands, hugging each other or even whispering against their ears like now. Jennie could spout nonsense and it'll still feel like music to her.

"Have you always been this cheesy?"

"Yeah and I haven't toned it down a notch because you're so damn clueless."

Jisoo giggled because it seemed funny now even when she was broken hearted with each thought of her before. "Others might look at us weirdly if they saw us. The school's population practically adores you--"

"Us."

"Yes. Us." Her hold on Jennie went tighter because them being a couple will mostly cause a fuss. They're quite known to the student body. "It'll be like facing the music."

"Really?" The brunette pulled away and just pecked her again. "Don't worry. I don't mind losing music if I have you to hum melodies."

Jisoo swore her toes were curling, herself cringing more than she ever did. She never thought someone could say more embarrassing things than people who hit on her before. And Jennie must still have what's left of her dignity as she just shut Jisoo up for the endless laughter.

After all... Jisoo's lips always feels like the right thing to kiss for her.