Chapter 1 - Bottles

*Lucia's Point of View*

I rubbed my hands over my eyes and did a big stretch. It was another Monday and even though I haven't been in school for years, I still despise them.

I yawned and threw my legs over the side of the bed. I stood up and walked out of my room. I was greeted by my mother who was making breakfast for the two of us in the small kitchen in the back of the house.

"Good morning." She said with a smile. She's always been a morning person, and I have not.

"Morning." I mumbled back in response. "What do I have to do today?" I asked, not looking forward to my chores.

"You have to go to the market and pick up wine, fruit, fish and cheese for later this week. Your father is coming home." She said.

I instantly woke up at the mention of my father. I haven't seen him in months since he travels often for work.

"Really! Okay, what else?" I asked.

"You need to take Bronze for a walk and drop of that box of things to Valentina." She finished.

"Valentina?! She lives all the way across town." I sighed.

"That's why I made you a big breakfast! Now eat." She said, setting down a plate in front of me.

"Thank you." I sighed in defeat. I guess I was walking across town today.

*Ian's Point of View*

"Do you think you can handle that?" My boss Vernando asked me.

"Yes Sir." I confirmed.

"Then here." He said handing me a crate full of wine. "You start today. Go to the market and don't come back until that crate is empty."

I nodded and began my journey to the market. It was hot today and a long walk won't be very fun.

The walk took about half an hour and the streets were busy. The city was craziest in the morning. People were running and walking in all different directions. You could hear multiple conversation in full swing. It was loud and crazy but I loved this place.

I wasn't exactly what you called a rich kid. Those kids are so stuck up. I was somewhere in the middle of the social class. I wasn't a slave but I wasn't a nobleman. I had my own little place and food on my table and that's all that mattered. I struggled to find work sometimes but someone is always looking for you to sell their products at the market.

I found a nice little table in the middle of the market and set up all the wine in order. Now all I have to do it wait.

It took hours for anyone to buy something. I was standing at the table yelling trying to get someone to buy some when suddenly I heard a tiny voice.

"Are you selling wine?" She asked.

"No I'm potatoes! What does it look like I'm selling?" I yelled, pointing at all the bottles in front of me.

"Listen asshole, do you want me to buy some of your wine or not?" She said angrily.

"Yes, I'm sorry." I apologized.

"How much a bottle?" She asked.

"35." I simply replied.

She threw some change at me, and said "I'll take two." She grabbed the bottles and walked away, looking back at me and smirking before she turned the corner.

Okay, I'll admit that that was pretty rude but I will admit that I liked her style. I could see her being funny. Plus, she is kind of cute. She had long brown hair, piercing green eyes and a nice smile. I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice the old lady waving her hand in front of me.

I snapped out of thought. "How can I help you?" I asked.

"How much a bottle?"