Chapter 12 - Play

*Ian's Point of View*

It was morning now and I was awake. Lucia was still in my arms but I didn't want to get up in case I woke her up. I looked over at her. Her eyes were stained with tears and she was pale. Her looked terrible and it was all because of our fight. I kissed her forehead gently and her eyes started to flutter open.

"Good morning." I whispered.

"Good morning." She mumbled back to me.

"Lucia, I love you." I said suddenly and her eyes kind of shot open. "What! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" I said, worried that she didn't feel the same way.

"No Ian!" She laughed. "That's just not what I was expecting to hear at the crack of dawn." She leaned over and kissed me slowly. "I love you too Ian."

We laid down in silence. It was a peaceful silence, we were comfortable and just enjoy being so close to each other.

"We don't need to talk about the fight do we? What happened, happened. It's over. Right?" I broke the silence.

"Agreed. We never have to talk about Rome again." She stated.

"Promise?" I asked, knowing what she would say.

"Pinky promise." She smiled and we shook pinkies.

"Do you want to eat some breakfast? I'll cook if you promise not to distract me." I laughed.

"Yeah. I'm starving." She said and we sat up.

After the food was finished, Lucia and I sat at the table and started eating.

"This is really good Ian." She said and then took another bite.

"Thank you." I smiled. "What do you want to do today?"

"Hmm." She thought for a second. "Do you want to go see a play?" She asked.

"Sure, I've never been to a play before." I said.

"Then it's settled. We'll see a play in a few hours." She smiled.

"Okay. Let's get ready." I said, setting our plates in the sink.

Lucia put on a beautiful light blue dress and I wore a white button up shirt and pants.

"Ready to go?" I yelled into the house from the front door where I stood.

"Yeah!" She yelled back and emerged from our bedroom.

"You look gorgeous." I said and kissed her forehead, Lucia just blushed.

We walked hand in hand to the theatre and we bought our tickets and entered.

*Lucia's Point of View*

"That was the saddest play I've ever seen." I laughed, wiping the tears from my cheeks and under my eyes.

"Yeah, even I shed a few tears." He laughed and I smiled at him. "What now?" He asked.

"Your place?" I suggested and Ian nodded.

We walked back to his house hand in hand. When we walked in the front door, I went to the bedroom to put my pyjamas on and Ian went to the bathroom.

I walked in and stood in front of the mirror. I reached behind my back and tried to undo the tie that was holding my dress up. After a minute of trying, I gave up.

"Ian! Darling, can you help me?" I yelled. Soon enough, Ian walked into the bedroom.

"Can you untie this." I said, lifting my hair up to reveal the tie.

"Yeah. Sure." Ian said rather nervously.

He undid the strap and I was about to let my hair drop when I felt him leaving kisses on my neck.

"Ian.." I moaned. I turned around and he grabbed both sides of my face and kissed me passionately.

The dress fell to the floor and I felt Ian's warm hands on the back of my thighs. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. We stayed like this for awhile and then he laid me down on the bed and removed his shirt and pants. There was a wild look in this eye and a lustful smile on his face. He bent back down and kissed me hard.

This was going to be a night to remember.