Chapter 27 - Final

*Lucia's Point of View*

"And that's the story of how I met your father." I smiled as closed my book that contained the story of my life.

I looked at my fifteen year old daughter.

"You met dad because you fell in love with another guy named Ian?" She questioned and I laughed.

"I know it's pretty weird. But, it's true. After Ian passed away and the French won the war, your father and I became very close. We both lost everyone. I lost my mother, my father, my husband. After a few years, we fell in love and we got married." I explained to her and she nodded.

I watched my husband Dominique walk through the door of our daughter's room.

"Hello honey. Am I interrupting something?" He smiled and I shook my head.

"I was just telling Clara the story of how we met." I smiled at him.

"It's a pretty weird story." He laughed. "Dinners ready." He smiled and Clara and I got up.

Dominique and I stood together in Clara's room for awhile.

"I love you Lucia." He said as he kissed my forehead gently.

"I love you Dominique." I smiled weakly.

I have and never will love anyone as much as I loved Ian. But Dominique was all I had left. We both had no family and no friends except for each other.

We fell in love but there will always be a hole in my heart that can't be filled.

I try to live the life Ian would have wanted me to. I try to be happy and smile. But every time I lay my head down to sleep, the pain becomes to much.

Even though it's been nearly twenty years since I've lost Ian, he will always be the love of my life.

The End.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading Lovers In Pompeii. I've gotten such great feed back on the story and you guys are amazing. I hope the ending didn't make too many people mad. Anyways, I love you guys and hopefully I'll see you in my next story.

Love, Kelsey.