Chapter 8 - Meet Me In Rome

*Ian's Point of View*

I groaned as I crawled out bed to answer the door which I heard someone knock on a few seconds ago. Who the hell is at the door this early? I dragged my feet across the house and rubbed my eyes. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"I'm sorry Sir, did I wake you?" A man said.

"No, don't worry about it. What can I help you with?" I decided not to get angry at him, there was no point.

"I'm here to help you actually. I'm here on behalf of the post office. We received a letter labeled urgent addressed to you this morning." He explained.

"Where is the letter from?" I asked.

He looked down at the letter, "Uh, Rome."

My eyes shot open. Lucia is in Rome. What if something's wrong?

"Yeah, that's for me." I took the letter from his hands. "Thank you, have a nice day." I shut the door.

I walked over to the dining room table while examining the letter. I sat down, took a deep breath and opened it. I started reading out loud.

"Dear Ian, don't worry, it's me Lucia. Nothing's wrong." I let out a long, deep breath. This girl knows me too well. "I have arrived in Rome just fine. It's beautiful here and I already miss you. The food is amazing and I know you'd love it. I explained the whole situation to my father. From everything to how my mother doesn't approve of you, to how we sneak around at night. My father disagrees with my mother, saying you sound like a wonderful boy. My father has requested for you to come to Rome so the two of you can meet. Someone will pick you up on the 5th to bring you to Rome. I'll see you soon Ian. Love- Lucia."

I jumped into the air. I get a second chance. Maybe, her father could change her mother's mind. This is amazing! I get to go to Rome with my girl. I better started packing!

---

Today was the day, The 5th! The day I leave Pompeii and all the bad memories behind to go to Rome for hopefully a few weeks. I heard a knock on the door, I grabbed my bag and ran to answer it.

'Hello Sir. My name's David. I'll be bringing you to Rome. The trip should take a solid two days. Are you ready to leave?" David asked.

"Yes Sir." I said with a smile on my face. I picked up my bag from the ground and closed the front door.

I got into the back of the chariot outside my front door and we started our trip.

"If you don't mind me asking," David started. "Why are you urgently needed in Rome?"

"My girlfriend's father wants to meet me." I replied, yelling over the loud horses running.

"That should be fun." He laughed, clearly being sarcastic.

"Trust me, he can't be any worse than the mother!" I yelled.

"That's true, once the mother hates you, you're done." He said and my smile faded.

"There's always a loop hole. Trust me!" I said.

"Oh so you guys have some forbidden love situation going on then?" He asked.

"Yeah. Something like that." I said.

The next two days went by quickly. David and I either talked or he pointed out some interesting monuments or places. He even knew some facts about them.

"Welcome to Rome Ian." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back, the chariot stopped. I got out and looked around. "Where do I go now?' I asked.

"Hotel Romania." He smiled. "It was nice meeting you Ian!" He waved and I waved back and he was off with his chariot and horses to pick someone else up.

The walk was short and beautiful. When I walked into the hotel, I looked around until I found someone who worked here who could help me.

"Excuse me, could you tell me where Lucia Aquino is staying?" I asked a man in uniform.

"Room 57." He smiled and I nodded.

I took me awhile to find the correct room. Two wrong turns and one more person giving me directions later, I was standing in front of room 57.

I knocked on the door. I heard some loud crashing noises and something breaking until Lucia opened the door.

"Ian!" She yelled and jumped into my arms. I kissed her lips for a long time.

"I missed you." I said looking into her beautiful and piercing green eyes. "What the hell was all those crashing and breaking noises?" I laughed.

"I ran into a few things trying to get to the door so I could open it." She explained and laughed.

"Why?" I laughed and asked.

"I missed you."