Chapter 11 - I'm Sorry

*Lucia's Point of View*

It's been a few days since I've seen Ian. I've been crying my eyes out the entire time. What am I supposed to do? Rome is amazing but Pompeii is where Ian is.

"Dad?" I said, knocking on his door.

"Come in Lucia!" He yelled from inside. I walked inside and when he saw me, he practically ran over from where he was sitting.

"Lucia, what's wrong, honey?" He asked while wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Ian left. I guess, we broke up." I said and it made me cry more.

"What happened?" He asked.

We sat down and I explained everything with his parents and how Rome is perfect. He didn't say anything and just listened. When I was done, he gave me his opinion.

"Lucia. You can't force him to live with you here. If I was in your position, I wouldn't sacrifice him for Rome. Go to Pompeii. Go tell him you're sorry. He's not worth losing, I can see what you two have. It's a connection. I can tell because your mother and I have it too. Go home Lucia. Stay with Ian and if he doesn't let you, you can stay in a second house that we own." He said while handing me the keys to this mystery house.

"Thank you Daddy. I'll write you a letter when I get home." I said, wiping the tears off my cheeks and under my eyes. "I'll see you soon."

I ran around my room packing and gathering all my things. I ran out of the hotel and found the man waiting to bring me back to Pompeii. The faster I can get to Pompeii, the better.

---

The driver I went with, went full speed the entire time. I arrived in Pompeii in the middle of the night.

"Thank you so much Sir." I said, handing the driver a tip.

I debated whether I should go to the mystery house or if I should just go to Ian's. I couldn't wait another second without Ian. The driver dropped me off at the edge of town and I ran the whole way to Ian's.

I was standing in front of his door when I started to break down. What was I supposed to say?

I slid down the side of his house and just sat for awhile, collecting my thoughts. I was ready. I stood up and knocked on the door.

When Ian came and opened the door in just his underwear, I lost it.

"Lucia? What are you doing here?" He asked, slight sadness in his voice.

I fell to my knees and just broke down crying. I couldn't breath and I couldn't handle being here.

"Lucia? What's wrong!?" Ian said. He picked me up bridal style and rushed me inside the house. He shut the door with his foot and laid me down his bed.

He sat beside me and wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry Ian. I'm so sorry Ian." I choked out between my tears.

He didn't say anything. He just pulled me in for a hug while I cried into his chest.

"Don't cry Lucia. It's okay. Look at me." He said and I did as I was told. "It's okay. If you want to move to Rome, I'll go with you. I was stupid and I shouldn't have said what I said."

"No. We're not moving to Rome. We're staying here." I confirmed and he nodded.

"Let's just go to sleep. We can talk more in the morning" He said and I nodded.

He pulled my shirt and pants off and we laid together in his tear soaked bed. Wow, I can cry a lot.

He put his arm around my waist and his chest against my back.

And for the first time in a few days, I had a decent sleep.