Chapter 4 - Promises

*Ian's Point of View*

I haven't seen Lucia in a few days now. Its the second last week of March and the celebration of the goddess Minerva. It's a five day celebration and it's mandatory for everyone to visit her temple and participate in one of the feasts.

Today was the first of five days. I decided to start with the temple.

Walking in, I could see that 100 people had the same idea as I did. I walked to a corner and prayed and said my little speech in my head. I stood up and walked out.

I would visit Lucia tonight. I missed her.

After working the whole day, selling food at the market, it was finally night time.

I walked up to Lucia's home and then I realized I had no idea what to do. Do I knock? Do I just go in and try to find her?

"I guess I'll just walk around the house and try to find her room.." I mumbled. This makes me look so creepy.

After a long walk since her house was huge, I found her bedroom window.

Great. Now what? Do I knock? Do I jump in? I decided to try and wake her up non-creepily.

"Lucia! Lucia, wake up!" I tried to whisper and yell at the same time.

"Ian?" She said while sitting up in her bed and rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, it's me. Now get up! I'm lonely." I said. She laughed and got out of bed.

"Okay I'll meet you at the front door." She laughed again. I nodded and started walking towards the front of the large home.

A few minutes later, she emerged from the home looking as gorgeous as ever. Her long brown hair in a knot on the top of her head and she was wearing a knee-length beige dress.

"So what are we doing tonight?" She laughed.

"I have an idea. Are you up for a walk?" I asked.

"You literally can't get anywhere in this city without walking a million miles." She said and we laughed for a good minute.

*Lucia's Point of View*

"Ian, what are we doing at a farm?" I questioned.

"I was hungry so I thought why not have a midnight snack?" He laughed.

"Wait, we're going to steal? I can't steal! That's wrong!" I yelled.

"Woah! Calm down shorty! I'll take the food and then we'll run and eat it somewhere else." He said as he put his hand on my shoulder. "You just wait here. I'll be right back."

He left and began picking different types of fruit and putting them in a small crate. After the crate was half full he returned.

"Follow me." He simply said and continued walking.

"Where are we going now?" I groaned.

"Somewhere special." He smiled. I couldn't say no to that damn smile, so I smiled back.

After walking for twenty minutes and making small talk, we finally arrived. But I wasn't quite sure where we were.

"I bet you're going to ask where we are." He said.

"Yeah I was. But seriously where are we?" I laughed looking around. We were surrounded by trees and I didn't recognize the place at all.

"I'll answer your question with a question." "Okay.." "Have you ever been outside of Pompeii?" He asked.

I shook my head. Now that I think about it. I've wasted my whole life in Pompeii. Sure, it was a cute city but I know every square inch and it was starting to get boring.

"Well you have now! Welcome to nowhere!" He laughed.

"Whoa, we're outside of Pompeii! That's so amazing! That means.. no rules!" I laughed and threw my arms in the air and started running around Ian. He put the crate down and we started running through trees together.

After a few minutes, we were both out of breath and started making our way back to the crate half full of food.

We sat down and started eating.

"You're crazy Ian Hecox." I laughed.

"Well so are you! You can't let me be crazy alone." He said and I nodded.

"Don't worry. You'll always have me to be crazy with. I'll always be here." I said looking him in eyes.

"Promise you'll never leave me." He said.

"As long as you promise me you'll never leave me." I said staring at him.

"Pinky promise?" He said and extended his pinky. I grabbed his pinky with mine and shook his hand up and down.

"Pinky promise."