Chapter 3 - Midnight

*Lucia's Point of View*

It was finally dark. I decided to to leave a little early in case I have to hide from some guards. The guards don't like crazy teenagers running around the city in the middle of the night. The Sea Gate is all the way on the other side of the city and it would take about an hour to get there, that is if I don't run into any trouble.

I snuck to the front door of my house and quietly opened and closed it.

"Great. Now where." I mumbled to myself.

I decided to go around the centre of the city and use the outskirts of town to get around. It would take longer but there would be less or hardly any guards.

I was about halfway there when I saw someone in the distance.

"Oh no." I said as I saw them approaching me. I dove in a bush and waited for them to pass.

It was even a guard, just some farmer. After I couldn't see him any longer, I jumped out of the bush and continued my path.

When I arrived, I looked up at the moon. It was full but by its position I could tell I was early.

I took a seat about twenty feet away from the Sea Wall. After awhile, I got bored and decided to close my eyes until Ian gets here.

I fell asleep and started to dream.

*Dream*

Ian and I were standing in the middle of the market.

"This looks good!" He practically yelled while pointing at some apples.

"Yeah they do. Be quiet! There are other people here besides the two of us." I laughed.

"Really? Cause you're the only girl I see." He smirked and walked closer to me, putting a hand on my cheek.

Is he- is he about to kiss me!?

He started leaning in and puckering his lips. I could tell this was a dream but I had no control over it. In my head I was yelling "No! No!" But my dream-self was leaning in as if this was completely normal.

"Lucia? Lucia! Lucia, wake up!" I heard someone yell. What? What's going on? Dream-Ian and my dream-self were still slowly leaning in.

*End of Dream*

My eyes shot open.

"Where am I?!" I yelled. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I could see Ian bent down in front of me with his hands on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" He asked, slightly laughing.

"Yeah.. It was just a dream." I replied.

"Bad dream?" He asked while standing up and offering to help me up. I took his hand and stood up.

"Weird dream." I laughed. "So what do you want to do?"

"We could just walk around?" He suggested.

"What if we get caught by the guards?"

"They don't do anything to you. They just keep you in custody until morning." He laughed.

"You've been caught? God, I think I'd have a heart attack if they caught me." I said, letting out a huge sigh.

"What, Daddy's princess is scared of getting in trouble?" He mocked.

"Pffft! What no. I'm not scared of getting in trouble!"

"Then prove it!" He smirked.

"How?" I asked.

"I have an idea. A good idea." He laughed evilly.

"Oh no."

*Ian's Point of View*

"You're crazy Lucia.. Wait, what's your last name?" I laughed.

"Aquino." She yelled.

"Lucia Aquino. Hmm, I like that." I mumbled to myself.

"What'd you say?" She yelled.

"Nothing!" I yelled back. "Okay Lucia Aquino! Get back over here!"

I told her to prove herself by stealing a small boat from the port and paddling out a little into the ocean. She, of course, did it no problem. Once she got back, she wore this confidence for the rest of the night. She acted like she wasn't afraid of anything anymore.

"Did you have fun?" I asked once she put the small boat back. She nodded. "Here let's sit for awhile." I suggested, pointing to the Sea Wall.

"You stay here! I have a surprise for you!" She said, excitedly.

"Uhh, okay?" I said, unsure of what my 'surprise' might be.

I felt two hands on my back and give me a large push. She pushed me off the Sea Wall! The coldness of the ocean soon filled my body. I fell down pretty far and began swimming up to get air.

I wiped my face and yelled "Are you crazy?!"

"A little." She laughed. "How cold is it?"

"Not too bad actually." I laughed/yelled.

"Okay! I'll join you in a second!" She yelled at me.

I watched her as she began taking off her shoes and began reaching for the bottom of the dress she was wearing.

Okay! It's time to look anyway now! I reminded myself.

After a few seconds, I looked back. She was in only her undergarments.

"Okay ready!" I yelled and she nodded. "3! 2! 1! Jump!"

She jumped and landed twenty feet below ground level into the ocean. I started laughing as she came up for air.

"You lied to me! It's freezing!" She yelled at me.

"I know! But I got lonely down here!" I laughed as I explained.

We swam for awhile and eventually the cold midnight ocean became too much to bare.

"I should go home. I have some things I need to do tomorrow and I don't want to do them half asleep." She told me.

"Okay, when can I see you again?" I asked her, looking deeply into her piercing green eyes.

"Soon. I promise. Whenever you want to hang out, you know where to find me." She laughed and came closer to me. She kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight Ian." She said.

"Goodnight Lucia." I said and she turned around and ran started running.

I watched her until she turned the corner. I went in the opposite direction to my house.

This girl was something else.