Chapter 5 - Meet The Mother

*Lucia's Point of View*

"Mother! I'm leaving now!" I yelled as I put my shoes on to go meet Ian at the market.

"Wait." She said and came down the hallway towards me. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"To go see a friend." I answered.

"Which friend?" She asked with a serious look on her face.

"A new friend." I said quietly.

"You know the rules. You're not allowed to see anyone that your father and I haven't met yet. Where are you going to meet this new friend?" She asked.

"The market." I mumbled.

"Go there, and bring your friend to the house and then we'll talk about letting you see them after." She said.

It was no use arguing. I just nodded and closed the door. I ran the whole way to the market. It took a few minutes to find Ian. When I finally found him I was completely out of breath and couldn't find the words to say to him.

"Lucia! What's wrong?" He asked, very concerned. He put his hands on my shoulders and tried to steady me since I was feeling slightly light headed from running.

*Ian's Point of View*

"Wait what?! You know she's going to hate me, right? I have nothing compared to you! I don't have a steady job or anything!" I yelled.

"I know! If she doesn't approve of us then she'll never let me see you again!" She said.

I ran my hands through my hair. "What are we going to do?" I sighed.

"I have a plan. I'm not saying it's a good one, but it's the best shot we have." She said. "We don't have long. We have to go to my house soon so we have to hurry. I'll get the stuff and I'll meet you at your house. Okay?" She said. I nodded and we went our separate directions.

*10 Minutes Later*

Lucia came running into my house with a bunch of stuff in her arms.

"What is all of that?" I asked while sitting down in a chair.

"It's a bunch of junk. We're going to try to make you seem fancy and rich." She said while fixing my hair and putting stuff on my face.

"But what about when I meet her? What do I say?" I asked, seeing a huge flaw in our plan.

"Just talk fancy and use big words. You'll only have to meet her once to get her approval. Okay, now stand up." I did as she said. She looked up and down me from my toes to my head.

"Okay just a few things." She handed me a pile of clothes and a bottle. "Put these clothes on and spray yourself with this." I nodded and ran to my bedroom.

*Lucia's Point of View*

I took a seat as I waited for Ian. We were going to be a little late unless we ran all the way home.

As Ian emerged from the room, my jaw dropped. He looked amazing. I personally preferred his normal look but this was a close second.

"How do I look?" He asked playing with the collar of his shirt.

"Like a million bucks. This might just work." I laughed. "Okay let's go!"

We ran all the way to my house in silence. We stopped right in front of my front door.

"Ready?" I asked him while I fixed his hair and his shirt. He shook his head. "Don't be nervous. Everything will work out just fine." I reassured him.