Chapter 22 - Ruthless

*Lucia's Point of View*

It's been a month since Ian and my father left for the war. I have received a few letters from Ian, explaining that they were outnumbered greatly but they kept fighting. Him and my father were still alive and have both escaped serious injuries. It was nighttime now and I sat on my window seat in my bedroom drinking tea as I looked at the night sky, wondering what Ian was doing right now.

I took the last sip of my tea and put the cup down. I looked over to my bed and decided that it was late enough. I put my pyjamas on and fell onto my bed. I wrapped the covers around me and fell into a deep sleep.

*Ian's Point of View*

I looked around. Everything was pulsing. It made it impossible to see anything. I felt my sword in my hand and sweat and blood running down my face. My heart was beating a million miles an hour and my breath was quick.

"Samuel?" I yelled for Lucia's father.

Nothing.

"Dominique?" I yelled for my French friend.

Nothing.

I noticed a figure running towards me with a sword high up in the air. I looked at the figure's uniform.

Roman.

I spread my feet shoulders length apart and held my sword, prepared for a fight.

He swung for my head but I blocked it. He stood there for a second shocked that he didn't make the kill. He swung again but I stepped back quickly and he missed. I smirked and caught him off guard. I took a swing at his leg and watched the ligament fall to the ground. I heard him scream in agony as he felt around for the body part but quickly found out it was missing. I stood over him with my feet on either side of his hips. I raised my sword and swung down hard and punctured his chest. I watched the life slowly fade from his eyes.

I looked out into the distance and saw about three more figures running towards me. I spread my feet apart and prepared.

One figure.

He swings.

Blocked.

He swings again.

Missed.

I swing.

I watch his head fall to the ground.

Another figure.

I swing.

He steps back.

He swings.

Blocked.

I swing.

I watch his arm fall the ground.

I swing again.

I watch him fall to the ground.

Last figure.

He swings.

He hits me.

I feel a gash bleeding on my leg.

I swing.

He blocks.

He swings.

I step back but I fall.

He stands over me preparing for the kill.

He swings.

I block.

I swing.

I watch his leg fall to the ground.