23. Are You Ready?

The rest of the day seemed to go by faster than usual and I was dreading going home right about now. I might as well run away now because Lord knows I'm not ready for what's about to happen. It was 3:20 and school let out at 3:00. I was just now pulling up into our driveway and my dad was standing outside on the porch waiting for me. I knew he was waiting for me too because I just saw Aiden's car pass me by which means my brothers just got dropped off here.

"If I have to come and get you out of that car, I'll beat your ass out here in front of everybody," said my dad from outside of the car. I quickly grabbed my things and got out of the car. I ran past my dad and into the house before he could swing on me, but that was stupid because my mom was standing in the living room with a belt in her hands with my brothers right next to her looking shook as fuck. My dad walked into the house, locked the door and closed the blinds.

"Wooooo. Y'all really thought y'all was grown huh?" asked my mom. "Don't worry about it. We finna show y'all who's grown in this house." Next thing I know, all I saw was my dad coming my way and I know I'm not supposed to run because that only makes it worse but fuck that. I ran for my life Jesus.

"Karma, bring your ass cause if I have to chase you me and your momma gonna tag your ass together," said my dad.

I heard my brothers crying and I know they got a good reason too cause my mom hits harder than my dad believe it or not. But anyways, I slowly walked out of the hallway closet and made my way back to my dad. As soon as I was close enough he started beating the living shit out of me. I was screaming bloody murder. The way my parents were beating us you would've thought they were actually killing someone. And what's fucked up is that our neighbors are so used to the noise cause we used to get our asses beat so much when we were younger that they don't even pay us any mind.

"Didn't. I. Tell. Your. Asses. To. Fix. This. Shit. Before. Yall. Came. Home. Now you wanna show your ass up at the school house. Map fout touyew. (Translation: Now I'm going to kill you.)," said my dad with every hit. My mom wasn't even saying nothing, she was just swinging. They beat our asses for a whole hour and by the time they were done my ass was stuck stuck.

"Get y'all asses up and go clean up for dinner!" screamed my dad.

"And bring down all your shit too. I want the speakers, laptops, phones, headphones, every fucking thing." said my mom. What I don't understand is how after all that, they didn't even break a damn sweat. But shit, I scurried up them damn stairs. I took my clothes off so I could take a shower and I look in the mirror and see red marks. I know imma be hurting for at least a week.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. The water touching my skin stung everywhere. I was in so much pain that I could barely wash myself but I already knew this was coming. I finished up and put my night clothes on. I got all my stuff and put it in a box so I could bring it to my mom and dad downstairs.

"Put that damn box under the staircase and come eat," said my mom sternly. I quickly put my shit down and sat at the table. My brothers looked like they were still crying, shit I was too.

"Shut all that crying up and eat," said my dad. We sucked up our tears and started eating our food which consisted of baked chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli.

"I don't know what the hell happened today but what I do know is one of y'all better start talking within the next minute or y'all will get a double dose of what y'all just got," said my mom not even looking at us. We exchanged looks at one another. I'm not saying shit. They came at me crazy so they can fix this.

"Get to talking Karma," said my dad.

"Why do I have to explain," I whined back. My dad gave me the meanest glare I've ever seen. That glare means speak up or get your ass beat again so I started talking.