25. Get To Work

The next morning my grandmother made me get up and clean since I wasn't going to school. I got up, did my hygiene and headed downstairs. I was still sore but not as bad as I was yesterday. She left me a list of things to do on the counter.

"Take out the trash, wash the dishes, clean and prep the meat, vacuum the living room and clean up the office. She must think my ass is really a fucking maid," I mumbled under my breath. I walked over to the sink and saw that she already thawed out the chicken drumsticks so I guess that's what I'm doing first. I cleaned the meat with salt, vinegar and lime juice and left it in the sink for about 5 minutes. Afterwards I rinsed the chicken out and added all of the spices to marinate the chicken and I put the chicken back in the fridge. Next I washed all of the dishes, which wasn't much and I finished that in about 15 minutes. Then I took out all of the trash in the house and put it outside. When I got into the house, the phone was ringing and I saw that it was Ant calling me.

"Hey bestie," I said.

"Hey bitch," he said in a girly voice.

"I hate you," I said laughing. "But what's up?"

"I was just calling to let you know that you got the job and that you can start today."

"Oh shit. This is too lit! Thank you boo."

"No problem. So you and Jax start today at 3:00 pm till 9 pm. Make sure you wear black pants and a black t-shirt until they give you the shirt and name tag. Everything else you need to know, they'll let you know like how much you getting paid and shit."

"Alright cool. I'll see you over there then," I told him.

"Girl now you know I was gonna give you a ride even though I don't like you like that," said Ant.

"But you know you love all of this," I said mockingly.

"As long as you let me touch yo booty one more time cause that thang be sitting boy!"

"You so silly but ok I'll see you later then."

"Ok. Be ready by 2:30." He hung up and I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 12:30. All I have left is to vacuum and clean the office. I pulled the vacuum out of the closet and started cleaning up. I even vacuumed the rest of the house except my grandma's room which helped me clean up her office quicker. After I finished with all of my chores it was going on 2 o' clock. I hurried up to my room and hopped in the shower. I was done in 15 minutes which is like a new personal record for me. I was doing my finishing touches like putting on my shoes and lipgloss when I heard Ant honk the horn. I grabbed my bag, wrote my grandma a note on where I'll be and what time I'll be back and then I locked up the house.

"My baby!" screamed Jax as she ran to me.

"Hey boo. I missed you too," I said.

"Ok. This is cute and all but the last thing y'all need is to be late on the first day so come the fuck on," said Ant.

"Ooooooppp. Excuse the fuck out of us," I said as we got in the car and he pulled off. We just talked and joked around until we pulled up to our new job. Ant let us know that he was training us today and that he'll meet up with us in a little while. In the meantime we made our way to the front to meet the manager.

"Hey. You guys must be our new employees. My name is Jaelyn and I'm the manager," she told us.

"Hey. My name is Jax and this is my best friend Karma," said Jax as she introduced us.

"Ok, so you're Ant's sister. He told me about you. He said he told you to apply in the summer but you were being lazy," she said while chuckling.

"I'm gonna whoop his ass," said Jax. All of us just laughed.