26. Get To Work II

After I finished up with folding the clothes, Ant took Jax and I to the back and showed us what he wanted us to do while he took over the register for a while.

"So Ant told me that your man came up here to see you," said Jax laughing. I glared at her but after a while I started laughing as well.

"You and your brother annoy the shit out of me. And that's not my man. Never will be with his goofy looking ass," I told her.

"Girl boo. That's what your mouth say but we both know that he be turning you on when he get all aggressive and shit," she said.

"Um no ma'am. He can keep all that. Your brother on the other hand, is looking real good right about now though."

"I can see it. Y'all would be mad cute. But what time is it?"

"It's going on 7 o' clock. Lunch in 30 more minutes. Thank God cause a bitch is hungry."

"Yeah, me too. What you gonna get to eat?" Jax asked me.

"I think I'm gonna get Chick-Fil-A and a pretzel from Auntie Anne's."

"Oooohhh that sounds good. I might get the same thing. So I know you might not wanna talk about it but what's up with you and your fam?"

"Girl. I don't even care for them right now. They do the same shit as always and send me to my grandma's house. They did whoop our asses though and my ass is still a little tender right now but my grandma told them I got a job and they were salty but I could give 3 fucks."

"Damn. That's wild though. So how y'all gonna work it out?"

"I'm not working shit out. I'm always doing that shit and it's quite annoying so oh the fuck well."

"I guess. It'll work itself out eventually.

"Mhhhh. Maybe," I said to her.

"But on another note, when the fuck we get paid cause I'm trying to go out," Jax said.

"Girl who you telling. I need to go buy a new phone and put myself on my own plan. I'm finna go ask Ant."

"Alright," she said. I walked away from her to find Ant at the front flirting with this girl. I waited until he was done and she was gone to go up to him.

"See I thought we had something special but I guess you was cheating on me all along," I said to him.

"Shutup goofy. What's up though? You ready to go to lunch?"

"I mean yeah but that's not what I wanted to ask you. I'm trying to figure out when's the next pay check."

"Well we just got paid on Friday so we don't get paid for another two weeks," he said.

"Ok then. That's all I wanted to know."

"Alright cool. Let's go get my sister so we can clock out and get something to eat." We got Jax and clocked out. We made our way to the food court and headed to Chick-Fil-A since that's what we all wanted to eat. We ordered our food and Ant paid for us.

"Thank you bestie," I told him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You welcome," he said to us. We grabbed our food and found a table to sit at. We were just enjoying our food and each other's company.

"So when are you coming back to school?" asked Ant.

"Yeah for real cause I'm tired of being around all the boys," said Jax.

"I'll be back probably on Tuesday. I already got my school work since my teachers emailed the work to me."

"Alright girl. I better see you there," said Jax.

"Of course y'all gonna see me cause y'all gonna come get me," I told them.

"Shit. Jax you driving your car then. She got me doing shit for her like I'm her personal slave," said Ant jokingly.

"But you're my sexy fine ass personal slave," I said back. He just glared at me but then he slowly formed a smile on him face.

"I'll let it slide since you said I was sexy and fine," said Ant.

"Y'all so crazy," said Jax.

"Anyways, it's actually time for us to clock back in so we should get going," I told them. We cleaned up our mess and went back to work. We clocked back in and Ant told us what else we had to do before the end of the night. Jax and I finished folding the rest of the clothes that we had left in the back of the store and we started hanging up the shirts on hangers and fixing the stacks of shoes. After another hour, it was finally time for us to leave.

"Thank you guys for working so hard and being so patient today," said Jaelyn.

"No problem," said Jax. "Thank you for giving us the job."

"It's cool. We needed some more girls in here anyway. So here are your name tags and clock in badges. Tomorrow you guys will get your own personal headsets. Anyways, I just need Ant to finish counting down his register and you guys are good to go."

"Thanks Jae," I said.

"You're welcome. I'll see y'all tomorrow at the same time."

"Ok. See you tomorrow," Jax and I both said. We went to sit down in the food court to wait on Ant.

"I'm tired but today was an alright day," I said to Jax.

"Yeah. It was fun."

"Alright. Y'all ready to go?" asked Ant.

"Yep. Let's ride," said Jax. We grabbed our things and walked to the exit. The security let us out and told us to be safe and have a good night. We made it to the car and we were on our way to my house. After about a 15 minute ride, Ant pulled up in front of my grandma's house. I grabbed my bag and hopped out of the car.

"Thanks guys. I'll see y'all at work tomorrow."

"You welcome bestie," said Ant.

"Yeah. We'll see you. We'll come pick you up at 2:30," said Jax.

"Alright ya'll. Good night."

"Nightly night," they said. They waited for me to get in the house safely. They waved to me and pulled off. I threw my bag on the couch and made my way up the stairs. I checked in my grandma's room to see if she was up but she was already asleep. I went into my room and into the shower to get cleaned up. I did my hygiene, said my prayers and dived into my bed.

"Another day, another dollar," I said aloud before I pulled the covers up and fell asleep.