Chapter Fifteen - Let the games begin?

Nicole is the girl in the picture.

****Zack's POV****

I was sitting in my room when I heard Maria my step mom talking to someone. I put on my sweat pants and walk out to see who was it was.

I saw her talking to a girl. I couldn't see the girls face because her back was turned to me.

Maria was the first to spot me. She looked at me with a smile which I returned.

The girl turns around and my smile weakens a little as a look of slight confusion surfaces on my curious face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

She was about to answer when Maria cut her off. "She needed a place to stay for the night"

I looked at Nicole and noticed she had been crying, her face was kind of red, her makeup was all over the place and her eyes were puffy.

"I won't stay if it's a problem" She said.

"No it's fine" I said a bit curious of why she was crying.

"I don't want to be a problem for you and Ashley, she seems nice" She said a smile forming on her almost red face.

"She is" I said a smile forming as I think about Ashley.

"Well I'm a bit tired, so I'm going to bed, have a nice night you two" I said turning around about to leave.

"Zack, could you please take Nicole to the guest room on your way?" Maria calls after me, halting me in my steps.

"Sure" I said trying to keep cool.

As Nicole and I walk through the hallway, I remember the times when she used to sneak in when my parents were sleeping and stay the night.

I also remembered the night when we...

My thoughts were interrupted by Nicole speaking.

"What was that?" I ask trying to listen.

"I said, remember the times I used to sneak in here when your parents were asleep?" She asked as we walked into the elevator.

Yes it has an elevator in my house. 🏠

My father is the founder and CEO of Walker Design. Our services are specialised for celebrities nationwide and internationally. That is why our house looks like it's fit for a royal family to live in.

The elevator bumped a little making Nicole stumble. I quickly stretched out my arms to catch her.

She crashes onto my chest as she slowly looks into my eyes. Our bodies were now only separated by a few centimeters.

The elevator opens to reveal my dad standing there watching us confused. His eyes flicking from me to Nicole and he smiles.

Nicole and I quickly pull apart and come out the elevator embarrassed.

"Sorry, I lost my balance..." Nicole said turning to face me.

Before I could answer my dad cuts in. "It's fine dear, I'm sure he doesn't mind" He said watching me.

I roll my eyes, and look straight ahead.

"I don't know why he doesn't break up with Annie for you" My dad said and I immediately glared at him.

"Her name is Ashley dad and you know it" I said my blood boiling.

"Whatever" He said.

"Nicole let's just go now" I said walking off. She quickly follows me.