Chapter Forty-Three - I'll be your Distraction

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

My alarm going off woke me up. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and dressed as fast as I could this morning, hoping to leave before Axel wakes up so he wouldn't drop me.

But I guess life had another thing planned and I bump into him on my way downstairs.

"Nice you're dressed already, we can grab something to eat before I drop you" He said with a smile.

"You don't have to really" I say but he shakes his head.

"I want to" He said and I nod.

We walk downstairs together and into the kitchen. "Morning" Joanne smiles and I return it.

"Did you sleep well?" She asks and I nod.

"I did, thanks to you and Stacy" I say.

"What happened to Stacy?" Trevor asks walking into the kitchen.

"Don't you have manners?" Axel asked him and he shaked his head.

"Axel, we should really be leaving now" I say and he nods, picking up his bookbag.

As we're about to walk out the kitchen, Jax and Asher walk in with Hannah.

"Stacy said to bring her for you" Asher said giving Hannah to Trevor.

"You're leaving already?" Jax asks.

"Yeah, I want to hang out with my friends before my first class" I say.

"Just be careful, because I heard The Rebels come early sometimes too" He said and I nod hesitantly.

"Well I'm sure she'll be fine, since she knows them" Trevor said and I turn to watch him.

"Uh I do?" I ask my voice coming out shakey.

"Yeah, your blonde friend limes with them, so I'm sure you lime with them too" He stares at me.

"That's enough Trevor, she doesn't know them now stop it" Joanne said and Trevor rolls his eyes while I give her a small smile.

"Well let's go then" Axel said and I nod.

The drive to school was nice, Axel and I talked about his school and how much they fear him, Jax and Asher. He even told me about when they found out Stacy was pregnant and that she almost had an abortion.

As I walked down the hallway to my locker, someone called my name and I turned around to see Brianna walking towards me.

"Hey Ashley, how was your weekend?" She asked with a smile.

"It was nice I guess" I say as we walked to my locker.

"That's good to hear" She paused. "How are you and Zack?" She asked and I shrugged.

"We're good" I say, suspicious about her questions but decided against it.

"Nice, so I heard that you moved out from by your mother" She said and I stared at her.

"How did you know that..." I was cut off when Kaitlyn came and hugged me.

"I missed you so much" She exclaimed.

"I missed you too" I smile at her expression.

I glance at Brianna and I could've swear I saw a look of jealousy but push my thoughts behind. Brianna would never be jealous of me and Kaitlyn because Kaitlyn is her best friend.

"Look who" She nudged my arm and pointed to Zack, Cole, Josh, Tyler and Max coming towards.

"Uh yeah" I say turning my attention back to my locker.