Chapter Twenty - The truth hurts😭

~No one ever finds life worth living, one has to make it worth living - Voltaire

-----------
My phone ringing woke me up. I sat up rubbing my eyes before checking the caller.

Zack.

"Hello?" I answer yawning.

"Where are you?!"

"Good morning to you too"

"Don't play Ashley where are you?"

"I'm at Kaitlyn's"

"Why are you there?, You had me worried that my enemies took you or something"

"Well I'm alive" I say tiredly.

"Did I wake you?"

"Yea you did"

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to know if you wanted to go get breakfast?"

"Yea sure, I'll get dress"

"Okay I'll see you soon babe"

I hung up and got off the bed. I walked out the guest room and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

"Morning" I say to Kaitlyn.

"Morning, hungry?" She asked.

"No Zack is picking me up to carry me for breakfast" I say and she smiled.

"Well have fun" I smiled. "But not too much fun" She added making me laugh.

"Do you have cheerleading practice today?" I ask realizing she had on her uniform.

"Yeah, we need the routine perfect for finals" She said and I nodded before going upstairs to get ready.

I picked out my blue short pants jumper and my blue shoe to match.

I took a shower, did my makeup and put my hair into a ponytail.

Once I was ready, I put on some perfume and headed downstairs.

I saw Zack sitting on one of the stools talking to Kaitlyn.

When he saw me he kissed my cheek and I said my goodbyes to Kaitlyn before leaving.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked once we got into the car.

"Leah's cafe?"

"Yeah sure it's not to busy" He smiled. "By the way you look beautiful as always" He said before leaning over and placing his soft lips on mine.

"Thanks, not looking to bad yourself" I blushed when we pulled away.

When we arrived at Leah's cafe, we parked across the street. We walked in and we sat across from each other.

I ordered a coffee, a sandwich and dessert. While Zack ordered a coffee and a sandwich.

"Can you tell me more about the gang?" I ask sipping my coffee.

"What do you want to know?" He ask watching me.

"Well for starters why you joined?" I asked.

"It wasn't too long since my mom left and my dad was running some kind of illegal business. One day he called me and Olivia and told us we needed to start training to take over his business"

I nodded.

"We trained for 4 years, by this time I had made friends and they also joined. When I had reached 16, I became my dad's right hand man. Soon I'll be taking over, he wants me to but he feels that my emotions might get in the way. That's why I didn't really have any until I met you"