Chapter Seventeen - You Again!

Vote, Comment and Share.

   "Two days later"

  I came out the shower with my wet skin and wet hair dripping on the tile as I walked into my room.

  Someone knocked on my bedroom door and I went to open it.

  "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask confused.

  "Umm... Well... I see you're busy" He said looking at me except not in my eyes.

  "I just came out the shower. But you guessed that since I have on a towel" He laughed and I couldn't help but laugh also.

  "Why are you so cute?" He asked.

  "I'm so not cute" I say walking away from the door.

  Josh walked into my room and was looking at my pictures. He picked up the picture with me and Zack hugging.

  "Josh I really need to change" I say checking the time. He puts down the picture and walks towards me staring into my eyes.

  "Where are you going?" He asked staring at my lips.

  "Uh... Out with Zack" I replied and he looked at me with disappointment. "We made up ok and he apologized" I added.

  "He's bad for you" He argued.

  "And what? You're good for me?" I asked annoyed, he looked away clenching his fists. "Last time I checked you were in the gang too" I said and Josh looked at me with wide eyes.

  "How do you know..."

   "He told me everything, plus I saw the gun" I cut him off.

  "You saw the gun? How? What happened?" He questions me.

"He and Frank was fight and his shirt raised and I saw it" I say calmly, but Josh looked worried.

" I wouldn't tell anyone Josh I hope you know that" I stated.

  "I know you won't"

  "Then why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

   "To keep you out of trouble" He said and I understood where he was coming from. "I care about you Ash, you're the only girl I can think about" He said putting a strand of my wet hair behind my ear.

   I cleared my throat. "Um... I should get dressed" I said moving back but he held my waist in a gentle and safe way.

   "I just don't want to see you get hurt again ok?"

  "I understand but you need to remember that I love Zack and that's your bestfriend" I told him as I tried to remove his hand from my waist.

  "But you have some feelings for me" He said staring into my eyes.

   I didn't reply instead I avoided eye contact.

  Truth is that I'm not sure if I have feelings for Josh. I know I feel something for him I'm just not sure what yet.

   "I should dress, Zack will be here soon" I said.

   "He's already here" A voice said. Josh and I both look to see Zack by the door with his arms folded.

  Josh quickly removes his hand from my waist and clears his throat. He looked uncomfortable from Zack's stare.

   "Josh maybe you would like to leave so Ashley can change her clothes" Zack said more like a demand.

  Josh quickly left and Zack turned towards me, watching me intensely.

  I also felt uncomfortable from his stare and went to my closet to pick out an outfit.